Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I might get bashed for this but...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM
  • 45 Replies

Is it REALLY neccessary to post pictures of your nipples online? On facebook, I have a lot of die hard breastfeeding mommies. That's cool. That's great. Awesome. But do you REALLY need a photo album on facebook with 67 photos of your nipple? I think maybe one or two of your child nursing is fine, it's cute, it's sweet, whatever. But I keep seeing photos of the mom holding the baby and the babies mouth isn't on the nipple but the nipple is totally exposed. I KNOW breastfeeding isn't sexual, but facebook and the MILLIONS of people on facebook don't need to see your nipple! Then people argue OH well it's natural. I'm feeding my child. Okay, well would you like me to post a picture of where my child came from? Or what I used to make my children? Because THAT'S natural too.

*End rant*
I'm sorry... I just get a little freaked out seeing all these nipples in my newsfeed on facebook! I intend on having one more child and intend on nursing them, but I def. won't be taking pictures of my nipples and putting them on facebook "just got done feeding baby!" for all to see! Breastfeeding photos can be really beautiful and classy but some people I swear push the limits and then say they are getting discriminated against. Anyone agree? It's going tooooo far.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink_Sunshine
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Who the hell? LOL I'd remove that person. Some things should be kept private. Nipples are one of those things for me.

MultiPara
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Like this one?

artsygirl2010

i thought you can't show nudity on facebook?

MultiPara

Btw I dont have that picture on facebook.. lol its not something I want my in laws seeing.

HouseofFeast

Whaaaa?????

artsygirl2010
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM

and no i didn't mean breastfeeding as nudity..i don't find that nudity, that is feeding of a life. i am talking about just showing off one's body areas.

momofnhimai

Hide her new feed.

tennisgal

I am totally pro-breastfeeding...but I don't need to see anyone's nipple. Why would you need to post those or even feel comfortable posting your nips online??

Lishes
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM

problem soved

Quoting momofnhimai:

Hide her new feed.

momofnhimai
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Quoting MultiPara:

Btw I dont have that picture on facebook.. lol its not something I want my in laws seeing.

No, you just post them on CM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)