Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FFing vs BFing

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM
  • 2 Replies

Why are we constantly pining against one another!?!  Seriously? We are all doing what we think is best for our child.  Yes, information is great and helpful and should be shared, even with the "here's why i do abc over xyz" but-
 WHY DO WE HAVE TO BE SO JUDGEMENTAL and BELITTLING towards one another!  We are all women, all moms, all trying to just get by, enjoy motherhood, and do a damn good job of it. Seriously!

bfing- I'll admit, I'm not a huge proponent of breastfeed out in public with your nipple hanging out waiting to be latched onto, but questions....a)why should BFing moms have to hide? b)why should they have to cover up? c)why are WE as women and moms not happy for those moms and looking at them as "good for you!" or "aw how sweet is that" ----are we all THAT homophobic that we're worried that we'll be considered "interested" in looking at boobies if we are caught looking at(or even if we think about) a naturally happy and content baby being fed from his/her mothers breast? I mean, yeah i dont want to be thought of as homosexual because im not, but that doesnt meant that the sweet act of a baby being fed makes me uncomfortable or nervous.    fat/skinny/pretty/ugly - i say go for it! hell, i'll even hold the kids bum up for you if you need the free hand to scratch your nose for you   okay?

ffing- now! on the other side --- for the mom's that play the holier than thou role of bfing is the only route we should go! its natural! blah blah blah...it is, but we dont know EVERYONE situation, so why cant we stop judging there as well?  i mean come on...whos to say the mom wanted to and couldnt, maybe she has an infection, maybe she has a disease, maybe she has recently gotten cancer and is terrified she'll pass it on even though the drs say you cant (or something, idk), or maybe she's back to work and stopped producing bc of stress....maybe you're back to work and can still bf, great for you, but maybe she cant.  ya know? 

everyone is just doing what they can as best they can.   so why the f cant we all just start be more supportive towards one another.  sure- offer ideas, solutions, information, stories....but lets quit being mean to each other ---- we have guys (and ourselves) who can do that enough as it is!

THERE, rant over.    and no, im not saying I am holier than thou and without judgement, nor am i perfect - i know this....just trying to always remind myself to be a better person than that that i am...more accepting of differing opinions ect.  so really, dont even BOTHER to start attacking me

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommapeanut
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM

same holds true for vac vs nonvac, erf vs ff carseats etc.

cant we all just get along (and support each other until we're ACTUALLY harmed by said person and thus have no reason to show respect?) there i said it

wishonme_2000
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I HAVE ONE TO SAY.................... NEXT ..................... TOPIC 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)