Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Legalization but it comes with a price...wwyd? *poll* *EDIT*

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you vote for the legalization of Marijuana if it ment making alcohol illegal?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 95

View Results

This is what I think...I'm not a 'pothead', I don't smoke pot but I do think that it can help a lot of medical issues and cut down on the use of pain pills and pain pill addiction.

As far as alcohol goes I think it is very dangerous, people die all the time as a result of drinking and driving, not to mention random drunken accidents and all of the internal side effects. I drink occasionally, I use to drink a lot more than I do now. I've seen it grasp peoples lives and ruin them, I've seen it kill people, I've seen it shatter dreams, break marriages...etc. Its just a lot more dangerous than pot.

Now if pot were legalized I would want regulations on it, I would not want people to be able to smoke it in public because I would not want it around me or my children (the secondhand smoke). There would need to be limitations on smoking and driving and driving high. I would also want a tax on pot that is sold in stores, but I do realize that people can also grow their own and that would not be taxable.

I know that alcohol will probably never be made illegal again because of everything that happened during the prohibition but I like the idea and apparently it made a good debate, it caused a huge fight on my facebook and I am still cleaning up that mess. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM

That is ridiculous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

artsygirl2010
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:51 PM

yes! i think alcohol kills way more people per year than anything. through drinking way too much to traffic accidents. i have never heard of anyone dying of using marijuana.

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:52 PM

That kinda seems like comparing apples and vacuum cleaners. They're way too different.

michaelabitner
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:55 PM

BUMP!

southern_momof2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Hell no! I love my vodka!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLinn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM
I don't think either should be illegal, so no I wouldn't vote in favor of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM
They both cause people to become impaired and both can be hazardous to your health. I wouldn't care if they were both illegal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:58 PM

yeah, why one or the other? both used in MODERATION are fine.

Quoting MissLinn:

I don't think either should be illegal, so no I wouldn't vote in favor of that.

Rowdys.Mommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Really because I don't think so, how do you figure?

Quoting StOp.PaJaMaTiMe:>

That kinda seems like comparing apples and vacuum cleaners. They're way too different.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

mandksmommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:21 PM

no way...i love my wine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)