• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those of you in long term relationships.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:28 PM
  • 56 Replies

how long have you been together? have you ever "taken a break"? i know so many people who have been together and broken up numerous times and i don't understand this. my husband and i have been married nine years (today!) and together for ten and have never broken up or ever really fought.  we moved in together about two weeks after we met and have been together ever since.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nickysmom71
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM

We have been together with no cheating or anything like that for 8 years...altogether 10 years.....

SamiJ18
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:30 PM
We have been together for 5 years now. We have been married for 3 years. No breaks.
Sassy01
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM

My hubby and I have been together for 27 years and married for 25 yrs next month.

we've never taken a break from each other, or anything of that sort.

momofnhimai

I married my husband three months after we dated and been married 13 years.

chalisa0
by Kim on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM

We have been married almost 22 years (together almost 2 years before that).  We have never taken a break or split up. 

sounthernmommy
We have been together 11 years. No breaks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toughenough1979

we've been married 9.5 years and we have Never "taken a break" that's just juvenile. we're in it through thick-thin, death-part kind of situation

slpydpy6
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:32 PM

We have been together for 9 years married for 8 on Nov. 29th.  We have never taken a break from each other.  We have had our ups and downs but those come with any marriage.  

Sunshinemama09
All together 8 years married 4. Through everything that's happened we have stood by eachother. We are eachothers everything. Oh amd no cheating or anything like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily

We've been together for almost 29 years, come Oct. 24th - haven't been with anyone else or taken a break once since meeting.  We'll celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary in March.  One big fight in the entire time and we just talk through any disagreements, which are really very rare and far between to begin with.  This is a 2nd marriage for both of us and we blended 2 families quite successfully and added a child of our own.  We are extremely proud to say we've beated the odds and statistics for 2nd marriages with blending families.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)