Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kiddos and Homework...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

Tell me about your homework routines.

With this being Phoenix's first year with hw, we're still figuring out a routine that works for us. 

Do you allow your kids to take short breaks? Can they finish in the morning if they are tired? Do they start as soon as they get home from school, or wait a while?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I have them do homework right after school while they're still in learning mode.  They don't do anything else until it's done.  Once they're done, they can go play or have a snack or whatever.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Stephanie808
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:10 PM

we start right after coming home. she doesnt have a ton so no breaks really (except potty). she has had a lot the past 2 days trying to make up work from last week. but yea I have marked on her calander what she is to do at after school care and what she is to do at home

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

I have them do homework right after school while they're still in learning mode.  They don't do anything else until it's done.  Once they're done, they can go play or have a snack or whatever.

Phoenix has been doing his as soon as his dad gets home in the evenings, so far. I need DH to distract Ava so Ava doesn't distract Phoenix. Lol. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:12 PM

When they get home we get a snack and get right to homework. 

orcadarwin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:14 PM

They come in from school and sit down to do their homework, then they can have a snack and play.

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:17 PM

BUMP!

Lishes
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Homework is to be done right after school. I allow my son to take short breaks because he really has a lot of homework for 2nd grade. If the first part of his homework takes him longer than 20 minutes to finish, he gets a break before he has to do the second half. It's only about 10 minutes though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)