Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just pooped my pants

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:13 PM
  • 12 Replies
I work part time and one of the managers is out with an injury she will be for 4 weeks they asked me to train as sales interm lead your basically manager for those 4 weeks until she gets back. I'll get a few more hours but no extra pay.

But I just got hired on at another job and I will be training and learning it and earning hours there and when I told them my availability it was according to the part time hours I was getting.

Another dilemma the new job is 5 minutes from home and my part time job is 40 so I won't be getting paid any extra per hour but have to drive there more.

Should I take it? And hope I can handle both or just stick to my part time hours there and concentrate on my new job and impressing them to move up there?

Sorry I had to change title I need advice
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Justine1123
by Justine on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:19 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:22 PM
Bumping it again bc I need advice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:27 PM
Bump title change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I would take the position as interim sales lead only if it involved more money - you're going to have more responsibility for those 4 weeks, you should at least get some sort of per diem for that time even if they're going to return you to your normal rate upon your manager's return.  because if she has an injury there's no guarantee that she'll be rtw after 4 weeks, especially if there are any complications.  I wouldn't be willing to do extra duties and extra hours with no concrete end in sight, especially if I was driving further to do it.

if your new job is a full time position, or is a better opportunity or better pay, then I would put my main focus on that and tell my pt job that I wasn't able to pick up the slack.  there is no benefit to you busting your ass except building good will with your employer, and it might very well interfere with a good first impression at your new job.

army09wife
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I would go for the job that is 5 mins away... but thats just me..  bc to me your part time job is paying for your gas to get to the job

activitymode
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:29 PM
If your new job pays better with more hours, take it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I am not sure what would be best, but I'd poop my drawls too if I wasn't making any extra pay for extra hours. :p

Justine1123
by Justine on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:30 PM
The pay won't be raised bc it is just temporary

Quoting ff-princess:

I would take the position as interim sales lead only if it involved more money - you're going to have more responsibility for those 4 weeks, you should at least get some sort of per diem for that time even if they're going to return you to your normal rate upon your manager's return.  because if she has an injury there's no guarantee that she'll be rtw after 4 weeks, especially if there are any complications.  I wouldn't be willing to do extra duties and extra hours with no concrete end in sight, especially if I was driving further to do it.

if your new job is a full time position, or is a better opportunity or better pay, then I would put my main focus on that and tell my pt job that I wasn't able to pick up the slack.  there is no benefit to you busting your ass except building good will with your employer, and it might very well interfere with a good first impression at your new job.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissygordon
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I would go to the new job honestly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)