Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why not just be thankful for formula instead of debating eh? with edit in blue

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:18 PM
  • 70 Replies

It may not be as good as breast milk but I am thankful for it. I formula fed my son because breastfeeding did not work out for me.  I get that breast milk is better and that formula is inferior. Most of us who formula fed/feed our babies understand that. We are also thankful that we too can feed our child and make sure they get the nutrients they need to grow(yes, there are nutrients in formula. It is not just crap in a can). I am very thankful for formula because it did not work out. Some are thankful because bf is not for them(and that is their business). Both children have full bellies and that is really what matters. I don't expect to change any minds here because everything I have said has been said plenty of times on here. I am just saying my piece, like everyone else. I am sure someone out there has said it better than me. Either way, this is my view.

Okay ladies, carry on........

I am never against breastfeeding information. It is good for moms to know the benefits and make a decison. After that, it is up to them. I knew the benefits. I even took a bf class. It just did not work out for me. Also, if the mom has made up her mind and doesn't want to hear or read any info on bf then it is best to just let it go. Her child will be fine, I assure you.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandksmommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:19 PM

i don't care what people feed their babies as long as they feed them.

AjsMom0508
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:20 PM

I agree with you!  If it hadn't been for formula my son would have DIED. 

There are children starving in this world yet people still give a crap about what people are feeding their babies.  Just be glad they are being fed!

tickled_pink420
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Quoting AjsMom0508:

I agree with you!  If it hadn't been for formula my son would have DIED. 

There are children starving in this world yet people still give a crap about what people are feeding their babies.  Just be glad they are being fed!

awwww I am thankful for formula and happy it saved your son!!!!

There are starving kids in this world and these kids who take in formula are not starving!

tickled_pink420
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:21 PM

BUMP!

tickled_pink420
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:22 PM

BUMP!

PhatAttack
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:22 PM
I FF both my kids and don't give a flying fuck what people think of it. My kids are healthy and happy and their peds were pleased with their growth. I don't see where strangers online fit in with their opinions....cause they don't!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clusterkid
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:23 PM

You know people have gotten me in a bit@#y mood today over a few things posted. But I agree with you be thankful that there is formula and be grateful that people are at least feeding their children.

Sarah8883
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Totally agree!!!! clapping

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Quoting Sarah8883:

Totally agree!!!! clapping

tickled_pink420
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Quoting PhatAttack:

I FF both my kids and don't give a flying fuck what people think of it. My kids are healthy and happy and their peds were pleased with their growth. I don't see where strangers online fit in with their opinions....cause they don't!

<3  <3   <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)