Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kids picky eaters?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:16 PM
  • 12 Replies

My middle dd used to be the pickiest eater EVER... she would GAG and cry for HOURS over dinner.

Since we've switched to a vegetarian meal plan, she has tried SO MANY NEW FOODS! We haven't had any fights yet, and tonight when I cooked something I knew she didn't really like I gave her a choice: You can pick the tomatoes out, or the broccoli out, but not both. She was SO HAPPY she ate all of her broccoli without so much as a snarl. :) 

What do you do to get your picky eaters to chow down?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM
My DD is not. She will eat anything and everything and that is not limited to non-edible items. *sigh*

My son is. I don't even know where to begin with him. He likes his veggies curried, so I make them curried for him. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lishes
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM

My daughter is pretty picky. I have her try new things and the rule is she has to take at least one bite of everything, even the stuff she doesn't like. That dinner looks yummy.

emmys.mommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:20 PM

DD wouldn't understand giving her the choice of picking one or the other out.  She would pick them both out and eat the noodles.  She MAY eat the cheese but the spices in it might turn her off it.  Doubt she would eat whatever that red stuff is... (it's a fruit right?!  Raspberry?)

She likes fish, rice, pastas, mashed potatos, green beans.  It's not that she's so picky but she has a crazy appetite.  Sometimes she won't stop eating and other days she won't eat anything.  We are SO alike in that way.

-42-
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Nope.

They love brussel sprouts(!!!), haricot vert, salmon. Pretty much anything I eat, they'll eat.

..Kandy.Korn..
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:23 PM
Semi-picky. Could be much worse. They are asked to take a specific number of bites of everything on their plate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karabearblu
My dd is SUPER picky and has been since we started solids. We try to indroduce a lot of different foods to her but she is just plain picky. Dh is the same way at 30 years old. I am hoping our next dd is more like me in that department. I am not picky at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
foustgirl

My mom quit cooking for my 2 youngest sibs when they were in high school.  She gave them each a weekly food allowance, and they had to buy and cook for themselves.

sexy_lette612
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:25 PM

My Sos two older boys are anything but picky they will eat what ever you put infront of them. But my Ds is only 10 months and is the pickiest eater. he refuses to eat meat. he has been like that since he was started on baby food. the way i look at it if he doesnt want it im not going to make him eat it. lol who knows he may be a veg head his whole life

CrystalDawn2506
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM

DD isn't a picky eater. The only two things she won't eat is Watermelon & Lettuce because why you ask? Its too "watery" LOL. But since those are the only hang ups I am not obsessed on making her eat those foods LOL.

JocelynsMommy30
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM
My DD is not picky at all.... she'll eat anything you give her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)