• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you changed for your DH?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM
  • 31 Replies

Has anyone changed for their husband?    I mean change like in lose weight,  hair color or anything?    I have been wanting to do this for a while.   Specially loseing the weight part.   We have been married going on 18 yrs now & we have both let our self go.   Today he came home from work saying a girl there asked him out on a date.  He told her his wife would not like that very much.    She said she did not know he was married & I believe him on that.   I know I need to change for my self & like I said I have been wanting too.     I'm just wondering if anyone else has changed them self & what they did.    I need help

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjfamily
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM
My husband likes my hair short so every couple years i will chop it all off for him.. I try to stay in shape for myself and for him because I know other women would find him to be a great catch so I want to stay attractive for him ; even though he says he would love me no matter what..Maybe start out with walking at night and some easy yoga untill you get flexible then try some more advanced yoga ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Embers88
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:42 PM
No, I haven't changed anything so far. But if I felt like I needed to then I would. What do you want to change?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MultiPara
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM

No. He loves me the way I am. I keep myself up so I dont have to change. If I gained a bunch of weight or something I would work to get it off but not because he wants me to, because its healthy. 

What were you like when you started dating your DH?

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I am loosinmg weight, but not for my SO (he would prefer me to stay big lol) but because I want to stay healthy so I can live a long life for my DD. I have started wearing more dresses and skirts since I met my SO, I never use to because I hated the way I looked in them but now I know I can look good wearing skirts and dresses

haydsmom2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:46 PM

No. I have gained weight since we got together but I still look fine... if I got fat I would lose the weight... not just for him but for myself too. 

Debbie233
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I love the yoga idea.  I tried that before & really liked it.    I have stairs so I have been thinking of doing laps on my stairs.   I know other women find my dh cute.   I see them looking at him all the time.

Quoting kjfamily:

My husband likes my hair short so every couple years i will chop it all off for him.. I try to stay in shape for myself and for him because I know other women would find him to be a great catch so I want to stay attractive for him ; even though he says he would love me no matter what..Maybe start out with walking at night and some easy yoga untill you get flexible then try some more advanced yoga ..

Debbie233
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:48 PM

When we got together I weighted 180 now I am 275.   Not good I know, but we have both gained alot of weight over the 18 yrs.

Quoting MultiPara:

No. He loves me the way I am. I keep myself up so I dont have to change. If I gained a bunch of weight or something I would work to get it off but not because he wants me to, because its healthy. 

What were you like when you started dating your DH?

Debbie233
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:50 PM

We have 2 kids, 9yr & 16 yrs.   I'm wanted to lose weight for them also.   I want to be around for when they get married & have kids.   I love wearing skirts & dresses too, but for the same reason of not looking good I don't wear them.   He has said he would like to see me in them.   Good thing we have a nice goodwill store.    Shopping for me lol

Quoting emilysmom8:

I am loosinmg weight, but not for my SO (he would prefer me to stay big lol) but because I want to stay healthy so I can live a long life for my DD. I have started wearing more dresses and skirts since I met my SO, I never use to because I hated the way I looked in them but now I know I can look good wearing skirts and dresses

PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I would do it for myself.

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:54 PM
I keep myself up for myself, not dh. He wouldn't care if I gained a bunch of weight and let myself go. He loves me for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)