Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good thing it's not your kid

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:39 PM
  • 10 Replies
I asked my three year old dd to do something and she yelled "no". So I popped her butt. My mom looks at me and says "I don't think that's how you should discipline." I looked at her ad said "Well it's a good thing she is not your kid." Was I wrong to say this to her? To me it's none of her business how I discipline my children.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justgg
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:40 PM

right one momma!

Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM

my mom used to whoop me with a wooden spoon, when my 3yr old told me no I put her in time out my mom said "you should have swatted her ass" I said "well feel free she's right there"

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:45 PM

I've said that before, kind of.  Usually it was when we would be discussing names with our parents.  They would suggest a name that I didn't like and they thought was "perfect" and if they got pushy I'd say "Well you go get pregnant and you can name that kid whatever you want" and just smile.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

manda14311
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Idk. Im glad your not my daughter though. You mouthed off just like your dd did. Kinda rude. There are other ways to say it with out being snarky to your mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerose26
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Quoting justgg:

right one momma!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Sanctimommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I disagree with spankings, myself, but I would never, ever presume to tell my kids how to raise their children. If they spank, I'll just tell my Grands, "Sorry 'bout your luck, kiddo!".

ToddsMommy1117
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:51 PM
My parents say the same thing to me when I pop my oldest or smack my 1 year olds hand but yet they used to beat me with biker belts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjones0461
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:02 PM
Like how?

Quoting manda14311:

Idk. Im glad your not my daughter though. You mouthed off just like your dd did. Kinda rude. There are other ways to say it with out being snarky to your mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjones0461
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Grandmas are sofites. I don't think you were wrong to say that to your mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)