Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Run with Embarrassment.. or Stay and Help??

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:34 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you clean up after your child or yourself after having an accident in a store??

Options:

Yes, no matter how embarrassed I am.

No, I run like hell.

No, it's the store employee's job to clean up.

Yes, but I would appreciate some help.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

I work retail. The things I see other parents do amaze me sometimes. Today, someone tracked SHIT all over the store and left it for us to clean up. IDK if a diaper exploded and mom couldn't get it cleaned up before running to the bathroom, or if it got on cart wheel and smooshed, then tracked thru the store... 

And this is not the first time. Parents come in with sick kids and they barf.. mom and dad just run off and leave it.. or even CONTINUE shopping with their sick kids. I've even had a parent stand there with the sick kid and WATCH us clean up their puke. I've had a potty traning toddler pull down their pants and poo... and mom just LEFT it!!! 

SOOOO GROSS!!! Why do ppl expect others to clean this kind of stuff up??

I JUST WANT TO ADD THAT WE (INCLUDING MYSELF) ARE REQUIRED TO CLEAN UP SPILLS OF ANY SORT.. AND WE DO, DO IT IN A NICE CALM MANNER!!!

and i totally understand of you or your kid is still getting sick so you CAN'T stick around to help :)

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazytexan
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:35 PM
Some people are just nasty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britt80
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Yes, no matter how embarrassed I am, my kid, my mess, just hand me the cleaning supplies. I've been that worker left to clean up the mess, it aint any fun. Hell I'm so bad I pick up the food on the floor my kids toss at restaraunts. Again, my kid my mess, and I'm not making my sick kid clean it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I once found poop in the urinal and poop underneath a bench back when I was working.

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:38 PM
When I worked in retail, the store policy would not allow customers to "help" clean up, even if they made the mess because if they got hurt while cleaning the store could get sued...
Sarah8883
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Quoting britt80:

Yes, no matter how embarrassed I am, my kid, my mess, just hand me the cleaning supplies. I've been that worker left to clean up the mess, it aint any fun. Hell I'm so bad I pick up the food on the floor my kids toss at restaraunts. Again, my kid my mess, and I'm not making my sick kid clean it

Me too!

in love   blowing bubbles           expecting boy

Joshua & Sarah        Ariana              Little Boy!!!  

tresproudmommy
by #1postkiller on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM

I've never had my Ds do any of the things you mentioned but he has spilled blue berries all over the front end of the grocery store before.  I was totally embarrassed and the cashier told me they would clean it up, but I still picked them up and made my DS help.  I didn't want him to think that he can just make a mess and others will clean it up....it doesn't fly at home so it's not going to fly in public.

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM

well...i also worked retail and have had grown adults poop in the middle of the store (older folks though) or leave sh*t all over the wall in the ladies' room!!

i would most certainly insist on cleaning it. but if my baby was puking, not sure if i would stick around for her/him to puke more? not sure in that scenario.

..Kandy.Korn..
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Quoting britt80:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM

This happened at a second hand store I worked at a lot.

Lady puking nonchalantly as she browsed the aisles, leaving it for us to clean.

Lady who ignored her child's numerous pleas to use the bathroom and then said lady gets upset when child pees herself and then gets even more upset when she came up and told us we needed to clean it and I handed her the cleaner and paper towels. 

masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM
I would find a store employee but i would help them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)