• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ready to snap.....need advice!!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:02 PM
  • 2 Replies

I run an in home childcare and have my 2 year old with me ALL day. The main reason for me doing childcare was because I couldnt stand the thought of putting her in daycare and wanted to make sure she was properly cared for. Recently she has been a nightmare she hits, pushes, tellsme no all the time, yells at the other kids, takes toys, tries to put them in time out, throws awful tantrums (kicking screaming the whole deal) and even tells my older children to go to their room. It has gotten to the point where the other children who are 2&3 do not want to play with her and it makes me feel bad for her. I have checked in to putting her in another childcare or mothers day out but it either costs way too much or the hrs are during the time when I have other children and can not pick her up. I really like having her with me especially since I know that she is actually learning during the day but I dont know how much more I can take.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
artsygirl2010
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:05 PM

maybe she feels jealous of the other kids. and wants all attention on her. no idea really...

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Maybe you could drop an extra child giving you more time to spend with her and the others. You also have to be consistent with punishing. Doing it as soon as she does something and remove her from the situation. Everytime she does it. A time out of two minutes would be good. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)