• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can't go on rides but you can light up?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM
  • 47 Replies

today me and DH took ds to the town fair. as i was standing there watching DH and ds a lady with 2 little girls was explaining to them how she cant go on rides because she has a baby in her tummy. they said OK and ran off to go on the ride. i saw her a while later at another ride, she was talking to her dh i guess and he was smoking. he looked like he was trying to keep the cig away from her and than walked away, than she lit one up and stood there rubbing her belly and smoking!

now i will admit i am a smoker too but i quit before i got pregnant! jeez some people.........

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echoishername
by Misty on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Well, remember all those health benefits... like low birth weight... gotta keep it comfortable for mamma

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:51 PM
As a former smoker, I would like to say I would much prefer the rides. (not that I would do either...)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffpm10
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM
Ugh. My cousin and friend both did it.
I pull the preemie card on them all the time.
But they still didn't/don't care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Quoting StOp.PaJaMaTiMe:

As a former smoker, I would like to say I would much prefer the rides. (not that I would do either...)

i was just so annoyed and sad for that baby.

echoishername
by Misty on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:54 PM

But why? With those tiny little lungs, it won't be able to cry as loud (or long)... just keeps getting better for mamma!

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting StOp.PaJaMaTiMe:

poshkat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM

lol. of course! whats good for the goose is good for the gander right? its always more important to keep mommy happy!!

Quoting echoishername:

But why? With those tiny little lungs, it won't be able to cry as loud (or long)... just keeps getting better for mamma!

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting StOp.PaJaMaTiMe:

avi_nevaeh_mama
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Smoking when you are pregnant is just selfish.

JaysMommy4Ever
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM

I.M.O its nasty

noahscott
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:58 PM

oh yea.. my SO's buddy's old lady is pregnant and she smokes pot and cigarettes. she's not even trying to slow down.. they smoke constantly! pisses me off but SO asked me to mind my own business.. if the kid ends up with asthma, COPD, other lung illnesses, or cancer they only have themselves to blame..

i went to nursing school with a girl who drank (like got drunk and partied) while she was pregnant.. her son at 8 years old ended up with an illness that drunks mostly get.. it was her fault. i believe the boy died from it. its sad..

lyranightshade
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM

*rolls eyes* Really? C'mon.. I think there are a lot of women here tired of CMers vilifying smokers, pregnant or not. She may have been cutting down, as per doctor's orders... slowly and methodically. You don't know her circumstances. She may have not had one in weeks and caved to a single craving. She might be a pack a day smoker. Is it something I would encourage? Nope. But, as of yet, it isn't illegal. It is, by legal definition... her body, her choice. If it bothers you, either look away or walk away. But this isn't really something worth posting about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)