Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you not be a nosy neighbor in this situation?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am in sort of a tough spot.  I don't want to seem like a nosy neighbor but I've had enough of my neighbors across the street.  Everyday constant fighting.  The lady who lives there moved in about a month after we did with her two daughters. About 6 months or so ago she moved her boyfriend in.  In June they got married.  Well since moving in all I hear from their place is fighting.  Screaming and yelling every curse word known to man. They don't just fight and argue inside their house they come outside on the lawn.  I've seen him get up in her face calling her a bunch of nasty names. I thought for sure he was going to hit her quit a few times. Well I've shut my mouth and not said anything just looking the other way.  Well last night when my son came in from playing out in the back yard he said the daddy hit the mommy.  I asked him exactly what he meant and he said, "I heard the daddy say he was going to hit her if she didn't shut up. then I heard a very loud noise. Bell came out crying and the mommy came out and got in the car and left.  The daddy went walking down the street." I didn't know what to do because I was home alone by myself.  I texted dh and he told me to just stay in the house until he got home because I didn't need to get mixed up in that mess. Well since he moved in I have to admit alot of weird things have been going on.  About a month ago my car was broke into.  Nothing was taken but you could tell someone had been in my car.  Well the next day when I noticed someone had been in my car the guy across the street said he noticed my car door was open and came over and shut it around midnight.  Then a couple of nights later around 1am dh swore he heard knocking on our front door but wasn't getting out of bed to answer. I fell back asleep and woke back up an hour later to use the bathroom I noticed our back door was slightly open.  I shut it not thinking anything of it.. I found the pipe thing for smoking illegal substance in at the end of my driveway not long ago.  Yesterday when I was cleaning out my car I had about 10 boxes of batteries I was putting into my car.  He came over and told me I needed to give some of the boxes to him.  I told him no and he kept pushing the issue about how he could really use them.  I said no and shut my door.  He yells back if I change my mind I know where he lives.  Well point is I'm not feeling very comfortable with him around.  I really don't think they are setting a good example for my son. I had to explain to him about how a man never hits a women or yells at her the way the daddy yelled at the mommy.  My mom comes over tonight and informs me that my neighbors are out in the yard fighting.  I am home by myself and don't feel comfortable being by myself knowing my neighbor is in one of his moods. I know he does drugs of some sort and walks the neighborhood late at night.  What should I do or what would you do?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bklaser
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Lock my doors and windows. Set the car alarm.have the phone on hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaysMommy4Ever
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:18 PM

BUMP

I wouldn't know what to do either. I would feel very ackward and scared with the break ins.

noahscott
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:18 PM

call the cops and file a report for disturbance. have them talk to the neighbors instead of trying to talk to them cause they'll start stuff and you don't want them hurting you or your property.

allboys246
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:20 PM
I would lock up and really if its that bad maybe a call to the police? If nothing else it may settle them down for awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Video Surveillance.

aritoyh
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Call the police when they start arguing outside or if he is lurking around your house. That's about all you can do. If you say something to them, you are putting  yourself in a position that can be really bad and dangerous. Until then keep your car, doors and windows locked and just be cautious when you are home alone.

DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM

BUMP!

RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Well the first thing I'd do is get an alarm or a big dog that would be a good guard dog. Mine is awesome at guarding us! Second thing is when they are out in the yard fighting again call the cops and file a disturbance of the peace on them. Lock your car doors every time. Guard your kids with your life.

cause_im_mom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Do any of the neighbors see them too?

Quoting noahscott:

call the cops and file a report for disturbance. have them talk to the neighbors instead of trying to talk to them cause they'll start stuff and you don't want them hurting you or your property.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Good idea...or a motion detector light...or both.

Quoting connie45:

Video Surveillance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)