Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of pre-teen/teenage boys

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

I was watching a show tonight with my boys,ages 8,9 & 12(13 in December).On the show,the husband called the wife's work & told them that she quit.My 12 year old pops off & says "That's how the man of the house acts!........And that's also how he gets his nuts chopped off."

Now,the first part doesn't bother me,because I know he really doesn't feel that way.He was joking.

But the 2nd part,I'm not sure how I feel about that.On one hand,I don't like him talking about somebody getting their nuts chopped off.But then I think I'm being too overprotective,I guess,and that's just how 12 yr olds talk.

So,do you allow your pre-teen/teenager talk that way,or is DS crossing the line?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FL2AK
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM
I think he crossed the line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aliciaolynn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM
ehh...12 yo boys are always trying to see what they can say and if it pushes your buttons or not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0m23b0ys458
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Thanks for replying.

Quoting FL2AK:

I think he crossed the line.

CafeMom Tickers
myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I would just say, "It isn't nice to talk that way."

m0m23b0ys458
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM

That crossed my mind too.Ugh!!I'm so not ready for this stuff!lol

Quoting aliciaolynn:

ehh...12 yo boys are always trying to see what they can say and if it pushes your buttons or not

CafeMom Tickers
livyla
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Its pretty typical/normal  talk from a 12 yr old boy... they are facinated with the word "balls/ nuts"  

I would let him know that kind of talk is not appropriate to blurt out anywhere or around younger sibilings/children and there  is a time and place for it, for example hanging out with your buddies locker rooms etc... 

Does this make sense?  

PestPatti
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Using "nuts" is kind of mild. 

kidkrazyinAK
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:34 PM

It would be fine by me. As long as my kids are not being mean or angry to others, I don't worry to much about what they say.

Twiceblessedmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM
My son is turning 14, he doesn't talk like that here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aliciaolynn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:37 PM
and the word caulk....mine thinks it hilarious any time I say "put those balls away" or when I ask his dad " do you want some nuts" and if we state "we are out of caulk get sone more"

Quoting livyla:

Its pretty typical/normal  talk from a 12 yr old boy... they are facinated with the word "balls/ nuts"  

I would let him know that kind of talk is not appropriate to blurt out anywhere or around younger sibilings/children and there  is a time and place for it, for example hanging out with your buddies locker rooms etc... 

Does this make sense?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)