Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me with my daughter before I loose my temper

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM
  • 9 Replies
My 10 year old daughter has really been nerve racking today. First she opened her window all the way. We have central air. It was open for over a hour. So not happy. Then I told her to come inside cause I was laying down because I dont feel good. She seen and heard me. She started heading my way. I went inside had a emergency bathroom visit. After me and cleaning bubbles had a face to face enterview about his job performance I brushed my teeth. I come out of the bathroom she still is not in the house. I go back outside and she is not out there I start calling her name and she comes out of a house. So not flippin happy. We just moved here so I do not know these people at all. So I call her again for her to start my way to get half way stop to talk to friend. I have to yell at her again. So I make her go to her room while I lay down. I get up and look at her homework slip to find out it said she had spelling words. I am pissed. Today when she got off the bus she tells me she has no homework. And no spelling words because she took a test and passed it so no more spelling words for the rest of the week. I am so livid and I am so sick.
So ladies would you help me decide what her punishment should be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
pixxydust
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I would have her write .  I will not lie to mom about homework 100x.  Or if you want to concentrate more on the not listening to you have her write  I will listen to mom when she tells me to come inside our house.     I would have her grounded to the dining room table or something for a few days.

pixxydust
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Faeta
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM

I'd be really upset about her going into a strangers house.... punishment for it all? hard one. grounded for the weekend (no play off my yard/house area) until she finished a little spelling/ school thing I made up for her. and all her actual school work is completed too.

Sanctimommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:38 PM

OOOOO. I like that punishment. It is perfect for a little girl who has been naughty. You're a devious one, frndlyfn. The world needs more of you.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would have her write .  I will not lie to mom about homework 100x.  Or if you want to concentrate more on the not listening to you have her write  I will listen to mom when she tells me to come inside our house.     I would have her grounded to the dining room table or something for a few days.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Honestly .  I just thought which would work for me at that age.  I am a reader so grounding me to my room was no big deal.  Dining room table doing sentences would be boring as well as constructive.  She may have even more neat handwriting after it. And there is no violence ie spanking so it could work for everyone.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

OOOOO. I like that punishment. It is perfect for a little girl who has been naughty. You're a devious one, frndlyfn. The world needs more of you.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Sanctimommy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:38 AM

It was one of the worst punishments inflicted on me as a child, as well. And you can attest from my immaculate handwriting that I was a veritable brat as a child.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Honestly .  I just thought which would work for me at that age.  I am a reader so grounding me to my room was no big deal.  Dining room table doing sentences would be boring as well as constructive.  She may have even more neat handwriting after it. And there is no violence ie spanking so it could work for everyone.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Did you at least learn the lesson it was suppose to teach?

Quoting Sanctimommy:

It was one of the worst punishments inflicted on me as a child, as well. And you can attest from my immaculate handwriting that I was a veritable brat as a child.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Sanctimommy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I might have. Most of them, unfortunately were religious in nature, and prompted me to begin studying and comparing religions on my own. I know of few people who are able to stand toe-to-toe with me when it comes to esoteric knowledge. It did not, I am sad to report, cement a spiritual relationship with any particular deity, though. But hey, I have my wide-spanning rolodex of historic rituals and dogmas in correlation to each other and world events...at least until I finally succumb to Alzheimers one day.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Did you at least learn the lesson it was suppose to teach?

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)