Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bleeding from your ears? help please

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM
  • 16 Replies

I've never had any problems with my ears or hearing before. About an hour ago my ear felt like it needed to pop (you know how it feels when you're in an airplane?). All of then sudden felt like water was draining from my ear. I went to wipe it and it was bright red blood.  I'm feeling a little dizzy and have a bad headache, could that be related? There hasn't been any trauma, loud noises, water in my ear, anything like that. I didn't hear a pop, so I dont think it was my eardrum, but I dont know. Anyone have any advice? Should I be worried and/or go the the emergency room?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SammysMama88
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:39 PM

bump!

littlebabybliss
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM

You probably ruptured your eardrum, have you had an infection lately? Sometimes you cannot feel an infection.

Starr1089
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM
I would go just to be safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlebabybliss
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Either way, I would make a trip to the ER (You feel dizzy because your equilibrium is out of whack, so don't drive)

PEEK05

Quoting Starr1089:

I would go just to be safe

okiemamaCyndi

sounds like a perforated ear drum - have you felt fluid in your ear or had an ear infection, sinus infection or cold lately?  Make an appt with your reg doc - he/she can take a look at it & let you know pretty quickly what is going on.

Good luck & hope you feel better!

AngeLnChainZ

You busted your eardrum. You aren't going to hear anything when your eardrum ruptures. A trip to the ER is honestly unnecessary, not much they can do. I'd just call first thing in the AM and set up an appointment with your regular doctor.

I volunteer to save lives; What do you do?

DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM

BUMP!

stephy_85
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:42 PM
It sounds like your eardrum ruptured you should have it checked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crysrey1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Umm yea..go have it checked out at the ER, to be safe and make sure it's not something serious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)