Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crunchy Moms - Congratulations!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

You will be the subject of my brothers comp 111 paper! 

He was fascinated to hear about the different beliefs and practices that go one within a crunchy realm of life , from views on circumcision to re-using shit paper.

Could you please take a moment if you want to maybe name some things you do - that you think make you "crunchy"

And is there a term for those who are not down with the Crunchy style?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spastic_poodle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM
Soggy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandksmommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:45 PM

idk but whatever the opposite of crunchy is that's me.

mandksmommy

no!!

Quoting spastic_poodle:

Soggy?

FooLynRoo

Quoting spastic_poodle:

Soggy?

I can see him now likening it to a bowl of captain crunch

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM

No crunchy subjects?

MommaGreenhalge
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I would definitely not consider myself "crunchy," especially by the standards described in your OP.  But I do cloth diaper, breastfeed to a year and beyond, don't plan to use any drugs in my next labor, try to make sure my kids eat healthy, wear my babies, don't vaccinate.

But I do circumcise, parent-let weaning, we don't eat all organic, we punish our kids, let them watch tv, don't do AP. 

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM
Sorry. I'm the anti-crunch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

I would definitely not consider myself "crunchy," especially by the standards described in your OP.  But I do cloth diaper, breastfeed to a year and beyond, don't plan to use any drugs in my next labor, try to make sure my kids eat healthy, wear my babies, don't vaccinate.

But I do circumcise, parent-let weaning, we don't eat all organic, we punish our kids, let them watch tv, don't do AP. 

Well I was trying to describe it as "levels" of crunchism. That one doesn't have to do all to be considered crunchy - but its more of a naturalistic point of view on life.

How would you define crunchy?

nikki0522
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I'm not really crunchy, just a bit crispy...lol. I breastfed my kids, wore my babies in a sling, cloth diapered (made my own), we homeschool, I cook from scratch including making my own bread, we recycle and compost, I make my own laundry soap, clean with vinegar, and I use cloth menstrual pads (make my own).

Follow my homeschool blog, Click here! Free Homeschool 101 blog, Click Here!

Join The Homeschoolers Cafe - Group Admin

Join Homeschool 101 (On a Budget) - Group Admin

Join Keeping It Real - Group Admin

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Interesting Soggy, Crispy and Crunch

Quoting nikki0522:

I'm not really crunchy, just a bit crispy...lol. I breastfed my kids, wore my babies in a sling, cloth diapered (made my own), we homeschool, I cook from scratch including making my own bread, we recycle and compost, I make my own laundry soap, clean with vinegar, and I use cloth menstrual pads (make my own).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)