Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im sick of my sister rubbing her 'perfect life' in my face!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM
  • 7 Replies
seriously. My life is hectic, and by no means perfect. Im a struggling single mom of 2. I go to school, have a son that has special needs, therapy, drs appts, procedures ect ect..and a daughter who needs attention and a sane mommy as well.
i have a bit of help from my gparents but not really emotionally. my sister has a bf to help raise her son, my mom, her dad, her bfs family, and tons of other help. My mom bought her a brand new car at 16, i let her live in my appt that she got me kicked out of when i came to help w my great gma before she passed. Then she ruined allll my stuff...including my furniture...my bed...dining room table and even took my entertainment center apart to go sledding!! But yet everytine i say smething bout my hectic life she says how blessed she is. I wish i could cut her off but i love her son and my kids love her.

Today has been so rough, i started school and had a crazy panic attack and got sick..then i went to lay out dds school clothes for her first day of school and she really has nothing, I wasnt able to get her new clothes for school. On top of everything i have a clogged sinus thats making my head pound! Its been a terrible day! I need a pick me up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
poshkat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:46 PM

:-(

when my sister did that i went on big sister strike 2010. i went without speaking to her, answering her phone calls, ignoring her on FB for 3 months. she got the hint and stopped!!

MsDean
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Try to look at the positive, You are more knowledgable about life than your sister most likely.

Someday she may need that knowledge, kwim?

Embers88
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I'm sorry. I read that you are going to school... so just have faith that life will get better once you start your career. Good luck! 

And tell your sister to STFU, lol. 

Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:52 PM
ty ladies.todays just been rough and i wish i had a shoulder to cry on.

Just realized i posted this twice. Dumb phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:52 PM

I would feel the same.  It seems you will benefit more from life.  I would have had her replace all the things she ruined though. 

Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:04 PM
i wanted to, i told her she hadto..and even said id sue..but my whole family go angry. It wasnt anything nice..my couch was 30.00 my table was 10.00..everything was cheap..but its stuff i ccumulated as a single mom and i was proudof it....now i have no dining room table.. Its just irritating.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would feel the same.  It seems you will benefit more from life.  I would have had her replace all the things she ruined though. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:16 AM

it may seem perfect to you but that does NOT mean she is actually happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)