Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please i need advice.. If you have anything negative to say back out!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

Ok so i dont believe in circumcisoin and would never do it but my oldest son that is 3 was having some issues and his dad took him into the doctor and his forskin was tightner around the head of his penis. So they said he medically needed a circ. He had it done on the 10th and he has been at his dads house recovering since i had to work. Well i picked him up today and it looks horrible. His penis is very swollen ant the tip is pretty red. Im worried about it. I just dont know if this is the natural healing process or what.. This is the saddest thing i have seen i just want his penis back to normal... Any suggestion to wether this is normal or not?? His stepmom is an emt and she didnt say anything about it being infected or anything so im assuming it is fine but it looks so sad..,I feel like such a bad mom for putting my baby threw this....

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TygerLily62
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Bump. I hope he feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo

Was there any post surgical instructions and what to expect?

Call his surgeons office in the morning and ask him.

PEEK05

I have no idea. We don't circumcise, bump.

ermka
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM

swollen and red sounds pretty normal to me.. as long as you keep taking care of it.. it should be okay.. but if it doesn' look better in a few days.. i'd call.. it wouldn't hurt to check..

harpsichord
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Quoting FooLynRoo:

nucking_futs
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Quoting PEEK05:

I have no idea. We don't circumcise, bump.

lyranightshade
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:11 PM

No idea, honestly... but I'd definitely call your pedi and talk to the nurse in the AM. You should have him in for a follow up regardless, but if there's a lot of redness and it looks sort of strange, I'd get him in there asap. I'm not a circer, either. Poor kiddo... I hope his peepee feels all better soon!

littlebabybliss
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I know it's too late, but this is why it's always a good thing to research and get a couple of opinions. Forskin not being able to retract is ok, and will do so once they reach puberty. 

It does sound like it is healing normally, I saw my little nephews a couple days after his and it was as you described.

Poor little guy. You are not a bad mom, just following advice by a trusted individual. Everything will be back to normal in a couple weeks.

mrssummerlin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM
Couldn't tell you sweetie, no baby boys here.

I'd call the doc though an ask them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aubreyluv
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Ya put neopsoren on it every couple hours.

Quoting harpsichord:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)