Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Funny email from my boss to a client

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am an accountant.  We had a client that brought in a box of info that was supposed to have 2010 stuff for both his personal and business return.  The box was a freakin' mess!  I spent 3 hours today trying to sort it by month, and didn't get even halfway through it.  This is what my boss sent to him:

Good afternoon Jason,

There was a hamster living in the box you dropped off and he evidently rustled the contents to the point that there was no order to the documents. I hope he wasn't a family pet as I had to shoot him when he jumped on Stephanie's desk and started growling at her. After spending a couple of hours sorting through the mess your hamster left we found no business bank statements. There are personal bank statements and business credit card statements and a ton of jumbled receipts some of which had chewing gum wrapped up inside. Just curious as to how you taught the hampster to chew gum. How are we going to proceed - I know you do not want to pay me to sort through the approximate 2,000 miscellaneous receipts to categorize them into what might possibly be deductions. My recommendation is for you to go to the bank and get the business bank statements ordered for 2010 together with copies of the checks and then bring those to us. With regard to the receipts such as hotel bills, business meals and travel and other out of pocket expenses I suggest maybe Holly and you could go thru and summarize those. I will do it for you if you like but it will be based on an hourly rate and will likely cost about $1,500 - $2,000.

Thanks,

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstkn.identity
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM
Lmao. I hope the client has a sense of humor. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

That's too funny! I work at an accountant's office and I've seen boxes like that! Ok, maybe not quite that bad. It was nice of your boss to let him know how much it'll cost to have it sorted out.

IluvSpaghettios

LMFAO

peytonsmommy44
Baha! How embarrassing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

hahahahahahahahahaha

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM

I guess we'll find out!  LOL  I'm hoping that my boss knows him well enough for that, but it sure was funny.  I was literally LOLing while reading it.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Lmao. I hope the client has a sense of humor. Lol

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM

OMG.  I have NEVER seen a mess like this, and I've been in accounting for 12 years.  No wonder the guy pretty much dropped off the box and ran - he didn't want me to open it in front of him.  LOL  And there were literally receipts with gum wrapped up in them.  Awful!

Quoting Pnukey:

That's too funny! I work at an accountant's office and I've seen boxes like that! Ok, maybe not quite that bad. It was nice of your boss to let him know how much it'll cost to have it sorted out.

piwife
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Lmao.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM

BUMP!

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:25 PM
Those darn hamsters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)