Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!!!! What would you do?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

okay i know this is NOT a major crisis but it is 10:15 and my 5 year old son is STILL AWAKE and his second day of kindergarten is tomorrow and it is stressing me out since he is usally asleep WAY earlier. 

Today was his first day, and it was a BIG exhausting day and we ended up playing at the playground for TWO HOURS afterwards and I'm so stressed that he'snot asleep yet

In the morning, Should I...........

A) Let him sleep a little late and be late for his SECOND day of Kindergarten

B) Wake him up bright and early and get to kindergarten on time

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ermka
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM

B... he'll get used to the schedual eventually.. right now he's probably over tired.. which is why he can't calm down enough to sleep.

NikkiS78
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I'd wake him up on time, but make him take a nap when he gets home from school

lilyrose73
Wake him up, being late for school is not a good habit to get in to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleMomma13

Quoting ermka:

B... he'll get used to the schedual eventually.. right now he's probably over tired.. which is why he can't calm down enough to sleep.

baby

baby

happymom629
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM

thx guys, its really stressing me out obviously, I have issues!!!

-42-
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I was in the same boat last night. Today was his first day of kindergarten. He was still awake in his room @ 11 freaking 30.

I woke him up at 6:30, had breakfast, he went to school on time. Came home, had dinner, went to sleep before 8:30.

smarshy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM

B. Tomorrow will suck but then he will go to bed on time :)

happymom629
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Wow, thx for responding. I think I would've needed a shot of valium if he was up at 11:30 last night, glad it worked out okay for you

Quoting -42-:

I was in the same boat last night. Today was his first day of kindergarten. He was still awake in his room @ 11 freaking 30.

I woke him up at 6:30, had breakfast, he went to school on time. Came home, had dinner, went to sleep before 8:30.

W

Galdarisimom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Dealing with this issue as well...I think the more stressed I feel about them sleeping, the longer it takes them to go to sleep...idk maybe the stress gets communicated to them? I wouldn't let him sleep in tomorrow, you will set yourself up into a bad cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmamma11
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:33 PM
Wake him up. There was a kid in my daughters pre school class and his parents let him sleep in.. or not go when he didn't want to. His teacher was not impressed. Of course it was just pre school and only 3 half days a week.. but I wasn't about to let my daughter think she got to choose when she wanted to go to school. I sometimes get 4 hours of keep but I still get up and go work my 8 hours at work. He will get into the schedule soon enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)