• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you let someone borrow your car

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:28 PM
  • 19 Replies
and they offered to take it through the carwash and clean it out in return, and they accidentally threw away an envelope that had money and a gift card in it...how would you react? it was a big (about the size of a spiral notebook) red envelope that had 2 addresses on it and was sealed. ready to be mailed. it was in the floorboard though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ermka
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I would be irritated.. and driving my butt to the carwash to dig through the garbage..

exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM

i did that..but it was yesterday and i didnt notice until today =/

Quoting ermka:

I would be irritated.. and driving my butt to the carwash to dig through the garbage..

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:31 PM

pist

proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM
i'd be mad!! it was nice they did that..but they should look closer at stuff before just throwing it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2ninos4me
by 2blessings4me on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:33 PM

id be pissed and get suspicious because you can tell when theres money on an envelop , like when you feel it you can feel the shape of the dollars lol

and id be beatign myself up for lending the car and losing the money

exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:33 PM

she said she must have just gathered it up with the trash, there was a decent amount of trash, but not enough IMO to camoflauge a bright red envelope

amomynous_j
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:33 PM

i would be pissed at myself for leaving something like that in my car when someone was borrowing it.

MissLinn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM
I'd be pissed at myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllAboutYou1223
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:36 PM

If I was the friend who did that I would replace it!!  At the same time, I couldn't be too mad at my friend because I let her use the car, and SHE TOLD ME that she was taking it to the car wash.  I gave it to her knowing  I had something important on the floor board! It's a crappy situation to be in all the way around, but at the end of the day if I threw it away I'd replace it. 

exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM

that is how i feel.

i didnt say anything though. mainly i am upset because i dont want the person the envelope was going to to think that i was lying about sending. because i was like oh i'm going to send it today and then i forgot (this was yesterday) and realized it was gone when i went to mail it today. so when i tell the story it will sound like some crazy elaborate story i made up to cover a lie about sending it in the first place. and i do not have the money to replace it.

Quoting 2ninos4me:

id be pissed and get suspicious because you can tell when theres money on an envelop , like when you feel it you can feel the shape of the dollars lol

and id be beatign myself up for lending the car and losing the money

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)