Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ingrown toenail surgery

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM
  • 23 Replies
Tomorrow I am having it done on both big toes on both sides what can I except?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilcountrygrl86
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM

BUMP!

Kris_PBG
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Dh had that on one foot - it wasn't too bad and he was in so less pain after it was all said and done...  Good luck!

MissLinn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM
I watched mine. It was cool I thought lol. They stuck mr with 4 needles to numb my toe, one on the top, one in the bottom, one on each side. Hurt like a son of a bitch. Then he made sure it was numb, did his thing, kind of dug around in there, put a chemical on the nail so it wouldn't grow past that point and wrapped it up. I walked out and drive myself home. Easy peasy. I had it done 16 years ago, never had another issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2sillygrls
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Thanks That's how he said it would be like...so what hurt? The nail getting jabbed in to numb it? I have a huge tattoo I'm each foot so I do okay with needles and I have had these for over 6 years now. Thanks so much for the info

Quoting MissLinn:

I watched mine. It was cool I thought lol. They stuck mr with 4 needles to numb my toe, one on the top, one in the bottom, one on each side. Hurt like a son of a bitch. Then he made sure it was numb, did his thing, kind of dug around in there, put a chemical on the nail so it wouldn't grow past that point and wrapped it up. I walked out and drive myself home. Easy peasy. I had it done 16 years ago, never had another issue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2sillygrls
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Dh had that on one foot - it wasn't too bad and he was in so less pain after it was all said and done...  Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowmommy0406
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM

It's not bad at all, I had mine done on both sides on one foot as a teenager, I remember having it done then going to the movies like an hour later with my nephew.

that.cassie
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:02 AM

it's ALL GOOD as long as the anesthetic works. Once they did mine and had to proceed even though I felt everything.

Also, beware of gauze sticking to the nail bed afterward. Good luck!!!!

I had it done like 5 different times as a kid.

pair-a-dice97
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM

I have never had surgery on my toenails but I get ingrown ones all the damn time. It hurts like hell..

Good luck and speedy recovery :)

calliesmommy112
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I just recently had an ingrown toenail cut out. He numbed my toe then he cut the nail and put a chemical on it to keep it from growing back. I had no pain until later that day and even then it was just a small pain. I took one very low dosage (maybe 100mg) of ibuprofen and I had no pain after that. Just make sure you keep it clean and follow all of the instructions that the doctor gives you. 

kimikylemama
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM

bump.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)