Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone here ever had salmonella poisoning?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:21 AM
  • 5 Replies
monday I wake up with a headache, really bad. I go to work take a couple ibprofun which helps for a couple hours. In the meantime I get the chills really bad. I was freezing and couldn't stop shaking. I went home early. Tuesday (tmi warning) I started getting bad diarrhea and have had it until even now although not as often now. Wednesday I had went back to work after taking an excedrine for my head. But my bowels weren't cooperating and there was blood in it so I went to the er. They took some blood and stool and aCT OF my abdomen. After I got discharged I started vomiting and couldn't keep a sip of water down. The culture from the stool sample will be in tomorrow. I thought maybe I had a migraine and a weird flu at the same time...then I looked up salmonella poisoning and ALL the symptoms are the same. I still have all the symptoms. No more vomiting today though (thankfully). Has anyone gone through this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
armygirl16
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:21 AM
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/salmonella/DS00926/DSECTION=symptoms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkles115
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:22 AM
Not me, hope you feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:24 AM

yes. my symptoms were similar to yours...but i couldn't even make the decision to go to the ER. i was seriously just laying in the tub at one point, vomiting in a bucket. it was TERRIBLE. my husband had to carry me into the car-and i proceeded to vomit all over that. at one point, before he took me to the hospital, he put depends on me because my diarrhea was so bad and i was so sick i wasn't even able to get to the toilet. it was disgusting! i thought i was dying. i thought i had died and gone to hell. besides my terrible kidney infection a few months ago-it was the sickest i've ever been. 

i'm sure there are varying degrees of it, though. you could prbably still have it and not be quite as bad as i was. 

armygirl16
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM
There were times where I couldn't get out of bed. My friend from work came over and played with my daughter 5or awhile. She wanted to take me to urgent care our the er but I couldn't move at all. She came over last night too and helped me out. I'm feeling a little better today, still have stomach pains and diarrhea and a headache but I'm functional now..well to a point lol

Quoting metalhealthmom:

yes. my symptoms were similar to yours...but i couldn't even make the decision to go to the ER. i was seriously just laying in the tub at one point, vomiting in a bucket. it was TERRIBLE. my husband had to carry me into the car-and i proceeded to vomit all over that. at one point, before he took me to the hospital, he put depends on me because my diarrhea was so bad and i was so sick i wasn't even able to get to the toilet. it was disgusting! i thought i was dying. i thought i had died and gone to hell. besides my terrible kidney infection a few months ago-it was the sickest i've ever been. 

i'm sure there are varying degrees of it, though. you could prbably still have it and not be quite as bad as i was. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msalice_21
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Not okay! This has me super paraniod! Ive been having similiar symptoms for a few days now. But I havent had chicken at till tonight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)