Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To those with more than one child...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:42 AM
  • 17 Replies
How often do you make time for one on one time with your kids? I have three girls, 4, 2, and 9 months, and I feel like dh and I haven't done enough one on one with them. It seems like a lot of the time we'll make time for the older girls without the baby but not a lot of time by themselves with just one of us. So today my oldest and I had an amazing "big girl" day at the mall- just the two of us. We shopped and got pedis and had a smoothie and a snack and finished the day off with an awesome dinner with the family. She was so excited to be going out by herself with me, and as great as it was I felt really guilty for not having these days more often. Tomorrow is my middle dd's turn and I'm so excited! We have to do this more often!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandksmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM

i have one girl and one boy so it's probably a little easier spending time one on one with them doing things that each of them like. idk how good i do but i try.

lovinglife0682
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:46 AM
My husband does daddy, daughter date nights with the girls one at a time.. I get alone time with them often because my parents like to take them individual very often.
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:50 AM

not very often. my husband is deployed 7 months at a time and it's kind of hard. my daughter goes to play at friend's homes once in awhile so my son and i get one on one during that time. and when my husband is home my daughter and i will go shopping just the two of us.

she's already talking about when daddy comes home we can go to the craft store by ourselves (my son does not like to shop). 

LTsMommy07
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM
I have time with my 2-yr-old while my son (8) is in school. And my son and I get to go to football games or movies (rarely, but sometimes) just the two of us.
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Dh and I take the girls 2 by 2...And we go shopping,do lunch and just talk.....They LOVE it...Katie (17 year old) was like Who's going with us now?..Cause Bree (19) is away...We have 6 daughters..

heydooney
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM

We took my oldest (4yo) to see Cars2, it was his first movie at the theatre. He had fun but my middle son (2) was absolutely miserable. He is lost without his big brother. So whenever I do one-on-one stuff with him, he spends half the time asking where Brother is. The youngest is just a baby so this isn't an issue with him yet. In the future, if one-on-one stuff doesn't work, we will have them each pick a day and plan what we do as a family. That way they are special and in charge, but they still get to be together.

atlshine
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:54 AM
We have three boys 8, 5, and 1, and we pretty much never spend time with them independently of one another, except the baby when the other two stay the night ay my mom's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Before the seperation it was easy, on weekends we split the kids, if the stbxh had errands to run he'd take one of the kids and I'd keep one.  The next time we'd switch so they always had at least a day with one of us.   Now that the stbx has moved out he gets the kids on weekends and I have them during the week I don't know how I'll do the one on one thing.

Krayzii4.MyKids
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:57 AM

I spend all day with my 7 year old son while his sister is at summer camp,it's harder during the school days since they have swim lessons and other events going on so my daughter gets home 1 hour before my son does so i try to spend an equal amount of time with both

Bird16_J
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I have four kiddos. The oldest two (twins) are 5 and are in Kindergarten so they're gone all day and I do things with the boys 3 1/2 and 2 and when the girls are home we'll spend some time together. We also like to do lots of stuff as a family and because the kiddo's are a bit older we can do more things like going to museums and such. We usually do things as a family and we have LOTS of fun! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)