Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do with your dogs while your not home?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:28 AM
  • 18 Replies
Do you let them roam free?
Kennel them up?
Leave them outside?
Take them to someone else's house?
Something else?
Just curious.........
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:31 AM

How long am i gone for?   I usually just left her in the house with doors locked when it was for 6-8 hrs.  Now for a long trip or weekend i would have someone come to the house and check in on them.  Walk them, feed them etc.   I dont have a dog anymore.   I have a cat now and we still have someone stay at our house if we go for a long trip just for companionship to the cat.

mom2_3blessings
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Lock him in a cage.

bananahammock1
We just let him roam free because were never gone for long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bananahammock1
If were going somewhere where he can come too then we take him with us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:34 AM

Ok is roaming free outside or inside the house?  Now i am confused LOL.  BTW  i had a border collie.

imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:38 AM

Depends on the time of day and the weather.  Sometimes, he's inside a specific part of the house.  Other times, he gets to run around out back.

punkomama08
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:39 AM
we have always kenneled our dogs when we leave the house. it keeps the house safe from destruction and saves me the headache of getting upset and having to clean whatever mess. with our current dog (a pitbull) we do not kennel her but we do put up baby gates to keep her in the main part of the house. she still has a kennel set up in the living room and she will spend the majority of the day sleeping in it (we dont close the door it's left open for her).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gfig
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:40 AM
Outside in the summer unless it's too hot then inside with the ac. In the winter inside cause I have an English bulldog and they can't be in extreme weather. Oh and he's in a cage (only for a few hours) because he WILL eat the furniture!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandiaubrey
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:43 AM
I guess I should have been more clear, by roaming free I mean inside the house. I should have also added keeping them confined by baby gate, closed door, etc to a room or part of the house.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Ok is roaming free outside or inside the house?  Now i am confused LOL.  BTW  i had a border collie.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayla2013
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:51 AM
my dog usually goes with me wherever i go...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)