Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Hot Sauce Mom"...this should bring out the drama mamas!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:43 AM
  • 37 Replies

Just saw on the news that a woman sent in a video of her making her child drink (and hold in the mouth for a short time) hot sauce. I saw the snippet and thought "ok, big deal the mom puts a little hot sauce on her kids tongue", then I saw the whole thing! A swig of hot sauce is a little to far especially when he looks to only be in kindergarten and she made him hold it in his mouth! She then went on to throw him in a COLD shower and yelled at him for trying to get away from the water! 

Ok, all of that is bad, very bad, but to make matters worse she adopted the child from Russia! She chose to be a mother and became a monster!

It may take a while for me to come back to this post becasue I have a Dr, appt and my mom is in the hospital but I'll check in at some point before I head off to bed for the night.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southern_momof2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:45 AM
I hope she pays for everything she did to that poor child. I don't think its ever ok to punish your child with hot sauce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tori77
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:49 AM

I don't care who disagrees with me. If you punish your child/ren with hot sauce or cold showers, you do NOT deserve to have that child! I hope they give her the max punishment possible!

sugareemommee
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:50 AM

I agree it's unacceptable and she should not treat her child that way.  however I do not think she should be criminally charged, a slap on the hand and don't you dare do that again would suffice for me. 

ibebreezy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:51 AM

wasn't this on dr. phil last year?

southern_momof2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:51 AM
:O

Did you see the video?

Quoting sugareemommee:

I agree it's unacceptable and she should not treat her child that way.  however I do not think she should be criminally charged, a slap on the hand and don't you dare do that again would suffice for me. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:52 AM

I would never do that! Mainly because my children actually LOVE spicy foods,lol. SO it would not do a thing for them. My DD is 5 and will also not let us run the bath water hot, or even warm. She likes barely luke warm. If i sat in her bath I would freeze, but she loves it and will scream that it's too hot if it is any warmer.

However, I do not agree with people using these things as punishment. I do not see the logic behind it.

PreemieMom.2011
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:52 AM
My kids eat hot sauce (hot peppers buffalo hot wings etc), so wouldn't be much of a punishment here lol
I agree there has to be better forms of discipline then cold showers, hitting and things going in the mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:54 AM

i've done a drop of hotsauce on the tongue for backtalk before. But making them drink it and take cold showers is awful :(

momaof8
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:54 AM

She needed help the kid had rad  but with over seas adoptions there is no help. If she had adopted through the system here help would have been a phone call away.  And what about her husband where was he in all this? Why did he allow it?

DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:55 AM

She was cruel and hostile towards the child...the poor kid had some issues he needed therapy and help with and instead of giving him love and understanding, she was cruel and cold towards him. i was in tears watching that episode!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)