Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, at least this place is still good for a laugh...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:57 AM
  • 19 Replies

I posted a serious question about the possibility of my son having ASD and got three whopping replies (between two groups). Awesome. Oh, well, I can peruse the web on that.  I was a bit put-off that I couldn't get any answers, especially knowing that many mothers here have children on the spectrum. Not something I am going to dwell on, but it's obvious that getting any real advice is a wash so I started to question why I am even on here.

Then I open a post where people say that they don't "allow" their toddler to throw temper tantrums. Well, needless to say, the laughs will keep me coming back.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:59 AM

I was scratching my head at that the "I don't allow my toddler to throw tantrums". I was like, did I miss something. lol.

burch731
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:01 AM

I completely understand where you are coming from ~ I never get many replies when I post something so I don't even post very often.  BTW my son has Asperger's so maybe I can help on your other question.  I didn't see your other post though so give me a recap.

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:01 AM

i didn't see a post about ASD, though i doubt i would have been of any help anyways, but i would have bumped!

norahsmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:02 AM
:). Kids have tantrums. That's normal. What exactly are they doing to prevent an angry, confused toddler from hollering? I wonder. Many kids are on the spectrum. My Kids might be but we just deal with it. They are very good at coping with it themselves now. My brother has asbergers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:03 AM

yeah my kids still throw tantrums and i just ignore them til they stop.... the tantrums keep getting shorter and shorter and soon will be non-existant

bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:03 AM
I'm sorry. You gotta post drama topics or be really popular and have groupies...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:04 AM

What is ASD?

DS's Doctor has said he is showing signs of ADHD. He is 2 1/2 and it is so hard sometimes! We are working on completely changing his diet. Cutting out all artificial crap. We did it last year with Red. 40, but now we are going with everything. All colors, preservatives, HFCS, etc.  I feel your pain though. When I ask on this group I either get ignored, or I get the...."Your just a crappy Mom who needs to control her son" responses. OH!!! Or my favorite ones....."If you would just spank his little butt you would have no problems!" , and "ADHD does not exist in kids that young, get a clue and discipline your kid." ( these are all real quotes from people in this group, when I try to seek advice for DS)

I find that this group has alot of really awsome women who do have some legit advice.....however, we also have alot of ignorance when it comes with children who have, or may have special needs.

norahsmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:04 AM
Dang it, hit the post button too soon. Anyway my brother has it, but was so smart he figured it out before his doc did and he basically takes care of it himself. It's really interesting! He has come up with a whole host of ways to get around quirks and work well with the ones he can't. He also got a career that suits him perfectly. He is a scientist and spends most of his time in a lab. He actually works for the government now.

Quoting norahsmommy:

:). Kids have tantrums. That's normal. What exactly are they doing to prevent an angry, confused toddler from hollering? I wonder. Many kids are on the spectrum. My Kids might be but we just deal with it. They are very good at coping with it themselves now. My brother has asbergers

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Phenomemom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:07 AM

She said her first "guuess" would be Asperger's, but we obviously have to go through evaluations. I was just curious about the evaluation process.

Quoting burch731:

I completely understand where you are coming from ~ I never get many replies when I post something so I don't even post very often.  BTW my son has Asperger's so maybe I can help on your other question.  I didn't see your other post though so give me a recap.

burch731
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:23 AM

When my son was being tested he saw a series of 4 Dr's.  He spent time with each of them answering questions, playing games, drawing out certain stories, thoughts & feelings & then I of course had to answer 1 million questions & forms.  It's mostly just a long process of talking & "playing" with the child in order to see how they interact & how they react to different situations. 

Quoting Phenomemom:

She said her first "guuess" would be Asperger's, but we obviously have to go through evaluations. I was just curious about the evaluation process.

Quoting burch731:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)