Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a vent

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:09 AM
  • 18 Replies

At what point does a man become a deadbeat? Because this dude is seriously walking a fine line! Three weekends in a row, he has ASKED to see the kids and then not shown up. 

He saw the kids ONCE in July, hasn't seen them since then. He saw them twice in June but then pulled a no call/no show the last weekend.Oh look, now let's look at the month of may. he saw them once then, too!

And I don't even pay attention to child support  because it just goes straight into a savings account for them. I called the child support office the other day because I got a letter a while back saying it had been raised and I wanted to know why. They were the ones to tell me he had not been paying regularly.

I am so sick of hearing that he can't show up because he has to work so he can pay his child support. Bitch, please! He made anywhere from $28K-$56K while we were married and supported us 100% but now he's paying $250 a month and he can't afford it?!!?!? Yeah, I think maybe your brand new 5 bedroom house is the problem there, buddy!

I'm just really aggravated this morning. I am GLAD my kids are with me this weekend because now we can go ahead with the plans that I CANCELLED when he called and begged me to have them this weekend, I am just AGGRAVATED AS HELL that I can't have any sort of consistency or stability in my life BECAUSE HE'S A FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!

Does he just think they're too young to remember it? Maybe he thinks he has more time to shape up? How can he possibly think that this is okay? HIS DAD was a deadbeat and out of his three other brothers and sisters, he is the only one who does not hate his father and who won't refuse to have a relationship with the jerk. I guess he's counting on the idea that his kids will be as forgiving as he is. I wouldn't be!!

So, does this qualify for a deadbeat or not?!!?!?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_2_jasper
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:12 AM
Deadbeat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM
Sounds like it. My bio dad was my mom would get us ready and we would sit by the window and wait and he'd never come he also never paid child support. He agreed to sign away his rights to my step dad thank god! But his only stipulation was that we kept his last name. Now I can't wait to get married bc I want this god awful last name gone lmao!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM

in my eyes he is getting pretty damn close to being one just from what you said... i would also tell him that next time he asks for the kids he is getting them and if he has to work then he can find a babysitter and pay for it out of his own damn pocket... stop changing your life for him girl... get a set visitation schedule that he has to stick to. it will make your life so much easier

alwayskk
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:15 AM

We have a court ordered visitations schedule :(

redneckmama2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Then stick to it... tell him no more of these games... he is not going to continue hurting the kids by being an inconsistant ass and that you will be dropping them off at designated time and place and he had better find a way to be there

Quoting alwayskk:

alwayskk
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Quoting redneckmama2:

Then stick to it... tell him no more of these games... he is not going to continue hurting the kids by being an inconsistant ass and that you will be dropping them off at designated time and place and he had better find a way to be there

Quoting alwayskk:

A court ordered visitation agreement cannot force the other parent to show up, though.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:21 AM
My daughters dad is border line too refuses to pay cs sees her when he wants and makes 0 effort to try and give any extra help he can. sad part is he's been in her life since october and when I asked him for help with clothes recently for her he gave me the excuse of "if I didn't have to pay $100.00 every two weeks for cs I would smiled and walked off with my daughter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:21 AM
We also have a co

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

My daughters dad is border line too refuses to pay cs sees her when he wants and makes 0 effort to try and give any extra help he can. sad part is he's been in her life since october and when I asked him for help with clothes recently for her he gave me the excuse of "if I didn't have to pay $100.00 every two weeks for cs I would smiled and walked off with my daughter

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambcutie24
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:24 AM

deadbeat

alwayskk
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:24 AM

All a CO does is protect the NCP. I only re arranged on a weekend that was supposed to be mine one time since January. But I am so tired of him calling and saying he would be there and then not showing up for whatever reason.

If he doesn't want them, I don't want to give them to him. But I wish he would just swallow his pride and stop pretending like he gives a shit. My life would be a lot more peaceful if he would just do one of two things: man up and step up, or man up and step out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)