Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Double ear infection and driving through the mountains....

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:26 AM
  • 5 Replies

Well, I'm actually not positive I have a double ear infection but I'm 99% sure I have an ear infection in my right ear. I can hear fluid in there and it hurts every so often. However, my left ear has been hurting the last few days, too. My hearing in my right ear keeps getting randomly muffled.

Anyways. I tried calling my dr's office but they have 2 different sets of hours on 2 different sites so, I have to wait another 10 minutes to call. Even then, I doubt they can get me in before 11, which is what I need. We are leaving at noon to drive to IN. DH will be pissed if we have to wait. So, if I can't get in to see my doctor before 11, what should I do?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
alwayskk
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:28 AM

IDK but I treat ear infections with hydrogen peroxide. Works like a charm.

christina0607
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:29 AM

I would just explain to them the situation, why wouldn't they be able to see you before 11? This visit should take all of 3 minutes.

ItsMe89
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I'm not a medical professional. but I've had lots of ear infections and I life near the mountains, so I hear ya!

if it was me, why don't you look up a web site something like Med help or the like and do a search for swimmers ear. That may not be what you technically have, but if there's fluid in the ear, then I think there are things that can be done for it, just as you would for swimmers ear.

If memory serves I think it was putting alchohol in the ear to dry it out, but don't quote me, I'll look it up.

good luck!

norahsmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:32 AM
Your trip will not be fun at ALL if you don't get treated. I have a double ear infection now. I thought I could wait and treat it at home but it go so painful it was all I could think about. Just keep nagging the office or stop by urgent care. They"ll see you with no appointment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmiesmommy1113
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Quoting norahsmommy:

Your trip will not be fun at ALL if you don't get treated. I have a double ear infection now. I thought I could wait and treat it at home but it go so painful it was all I could think about. Just keep nagging the office or stop by urgent care. They"ll see you with no appointment.

I have 2 options after talking to them.

I can go now(waking DD up from her nap) and sit there for probably an hour or two as a walk-in while DD screams her head off because I won't let her run rampant OR I can go to their urgent care office, AFTER noon.

I still need to vacuum the car, unload the dish washer, shower, give DD a bath plus load up the car. I don't have time to sit there for 1-2 hours waiting. With my doctor's office, even if you have an appointment sometimes you could be waiting up to 1 hour and that's not including the wait time once you get into a room.

Ugh. I can hear the fluid moving when I tilt my head back. It's annoying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)