Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How dumb are you?!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:39 AM
  • 26 Replies

If you steal....seriously how dumb are you?

Some lady (22) got caught last night at work. Then she offered to pay. That just makes it worse for you....that you actually had the money for the items! So she got taken out in cuffs over a few shirts and bras.

I dont think people realize how good cameras are these days. The ones in the store I work at can zoom in to see your eye color- crystal clear! The ones over the register, can zoom in and see the numbers on your credit card. 

I know that no one here will admit they do this....but cmon now! Its not worth it!!!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zalia11
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:42 AM

People are dumb. Oh, the embarrassment!

Kodysmommy928
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:43 AM

People are really, really stupid. 

orcadarwin
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:48 AM

You're right.  It's incredibly stupid to steal.

I remember when I worked retail.  We didn't have the security cameras.  It was a local craft shop, locally owned.  The employees would keep their eyes open for shoplifters.  One day, I was working in the frame shop and kept hearing this baby screaming it's head off.  A hurting scream, not just a 'Hold me' cry.  Several employees were watching the lady.  One employee went up to her and offered to hold the baby while she continued shopping.  The lady refused and just kept looking at stuff, ignoring the screaming child.  Well, the manager got suspicious and asked everyone to keep an eye on her.  Sure enough she was sticking things in the car seat carrier, under the baby.  That's why the child was screaming.  Well, after watching her pick up several things, the owner called the cops, when they got there, they watched her and saw her picking things up to stick in her pocket, purse, or under the baby.  Well, they took her back in the break room.  They arrested her and called someone to come get the baby.  She kept saying that she was only stealing for the baby.  She said she didn't have enough money to buy things the baby needed.  Yeah, okay, men's deodorant, toothpatse, picture frames, pads, an adult shirt, craft items, fake flowers,.... yeah, your baby really needs those things.  It was a huge ordeal to get her in the police car.  She fought them the whole way out of the store.  CPS actually had to come and get the baby, the police couldn't get in touch with any one else.  

liveforever
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Thats so sad. There were 3 teenage girls (all 18) in last month. One had her 2 year old with her. They all got caught stealing. This girl was lucky the responding officer was so nice. He could have cuffed her like her friends...but he said he wanted to make it as easy on the child as possible. He let the mom hold the little girl until a family member came to pick her up....then mom went off to the station with her friends.

Quoting orcadarwin:

You're right.  It's incredibly stupid to steal.

I remember when I worked retail.  We didn't have the security cameras.  It was a local craft shop, locally owned.  The employees would keep their eyes open for shoplifters.  One day, I was working in the frame shop and kept hearing this baby screaming it's head off.  A hurting scream, not just a 'Hold me' cry.  Several employees were watching the lady.  One employee went up to her and offered to hold the baby while she continued shopping.  The lady refused and just kept looking at stuff, ignoring the screaming child.  Well, the manager got suspicious and asked everyone to keep an eye on her.  Sure enough she was sticking things in the car seat carrier, under the baby.  That's why the child was screaming.  Well, after watching her pick up several things, the owner called the cops, when they got there, they watched her and saw her picking things up to stick in her pocket, purse, or under the baby.  Well, they took her back in the break room.  They arrested her and called someone to come get the baby.  She kept saying that she was only stealing for the baby.  She said she didn't have enough money to buy things the baby needed.  Yeah, okay, men's deodorant, toothpatse, picture frames, pads, an adult shirt, craft items, fake flowers,.... yeah, your baby really needs those things.  It was a huge ordeal to get her in the police car.  She fought them the whole way out of the store.  CPS actually had to come and get the baby, the police couldn't get in touch with any one else.  

.betty.white.
by bilf on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:57 AM

People are idiots.

M2TandM
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM
You only have to look at the people involved in looting in the UK to see just how dumb people are. It comes down to pure greed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2mms
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM

that is the reason we all have to pay so much for the items we want. idiots!

pigtail
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Sad

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM

When I worked for dollar tree people used to steal socks all the time. Big garbage bags full of them. It was horrible lol

SingleMomzRock
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:04 AM
I stole when I was a teen... Got caught, too. Houston still had a "scared straight" program, and that shit works.

Never stole again. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)