Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you please help me?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:06 AM
  • 10 Replies

When someone says they are sending good thoughts your way or thinking good thoughts for you, what exactly does that mean. What good does it do? I'm not being a b!7ch i am really curious. Is there something behind it? Like positive waves of energy? Is it your way or saying you'll pray for a non-religious person? I say it sometimes, but i was just sitting her and that question came into my mind.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma2mms
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM

no one? more than 3/4 of us say it. what does it mean to you? i use it sometimes instead of saying pray. (if i'm not sure about their views and feelings.)

jcsg
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I'm not religious and don't pray.  So it would be a little ridiculous for me to say I'll pray for you. So I say I'm thinking of you.  I will take a moment and think positive for the person.  I don't know if it does any good, just like I don't know if prayers do any good.  But, I think it helps knowing that others out there are thinking of you or the situation.  Its more like moral support. 

kennethsmom910
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Bump, I say I will pray.

JADIEBUG
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM

For me it is surrounding the person in positive energy or vibes. There have been studies done that it does have a positive effect on outcomes of medical things and etc. if the person feels like they are surronded by postive energy/love.

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I feel it is a nice way for a nonreligious person to say they will be thinking of the person and hoping their problem is resolved..

kitten_shuga
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM
I am not terribly religious, I would rarely PRAY for someone, but I feel like thinking good things is essentially the same thing. If nothing else, I feel like it is nice to know that someone cares enough to think about you and your situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deenakate
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:15 AM
I am buddhist. We send healing energy vs prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spastic_poodle
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:15 AM
the mind is a positive thing. it's been proven that ill people, or those going through a hard time are much more likely to improve when they know a vast amount of people are thinking or praying for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I often say it because not everyone believes in prayer.  So I send good thoughts their way instead of prayers.

lifeisboog
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Well I think that even if you are praying for someone you need to make it a positive prayer like "Please help this person find the right path for them." as opposed to "Please don't make this person suffer in poverty anymore." Does that make sense? Can you kind of feel the kind of mood each request puts you in?

I mean have you ever seen a dog react to different people? They can tell what kind of energy a person is putting out. My pup behaves differently toward dog lovers, people who are scared and people who have evil intentions. I've seen it several times and from other dogs and other animals too. That's why I believe in energies. 

I would take one positve thought from an athiest over a thousand negative based prayers anyday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)