Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life Decision *POLL*

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: which would you choose?

Options:

settle on immediate solution for greater good of family financial situation

long term goal -follow dream job and sacrifice for 3-4 more years

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

Your family is struggling to make ends meet. You are a SAHM who has an opportunity to make a huge difference by starting your own business and begin making an income immediately.

However, you just yesterday had a door open and was offered a very part time position that would eventually lead to your dream job... the career you have pursued from day one, but never had an opportunity to get your foot in the door. However, once you venture out on your own after a couple of years, income is not guaranteed and could take a couple more years to really reach that significant income.

Both opportunities would require total reliability, and since they could likely overlap occasionally, there is NO way you could do both.

This decision could mean the difference between long term happiness and short term financial fullfillment.

What would you do?

To Succeed In Life, You Need Two Things: Ignorance and Confidence.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DYNARAH
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM

It's a tough decision, but I would prefer to know my family is financially stable incase of any fall backs along the way instead of the stress of not having enough to support us and not knowing if the opportunity will pan out as I had dreamed.

malissaL
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:28 AM

the part time position. you've struggled but made it so far, so in a couple weeks you will have a little money coming in and in the near future, could mean a great promotion and opportunity for you to make a good life for your family.

mallowcup17
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM

this

Quoting DYNARAH:

It's a tough decision, but I would prefer to know my family is financially stable incase of any fall backs along the way instead of the stress of not having enough to support us and not knowing if the opportunity will pan out as I had dreamed.

mommyofton
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I think I would suck it up and struggle for a little while longer and be able to do something I have always wanted.

alwayskk
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM

That's a really tough decision. I definitely wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity to do what I had dreamed of.

But at the same time, the sooner you begin making money, the more you maximize your lifetime earning potential. What a lot of women on this site don't seem to understand is that how much you make now will affect how much you make 20 years from now.

I guess if we weren't in the current national/federal economic situation that we are in, I would say go for the dream job. But considering the way this country is headed at the current time, I say start making an income now.

Good luck!

MissLinn
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:38 AM
While I would have a strong desire to follow and succeed at my dream, I wouldn't want my children to suffer because of it. If it came down to it, I'd choose financial stability for my family over a dream I can follow later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)