Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

destructive behavior(PIOG)

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

....how do I stop it? My 4 year old is very destructive when he throws a tantrum. I've been thinking maybe he has some kind of psychological disorder....but  can't pin-point to anything specific......He usually very good natured and a great kid overall BUT when he gets in trouble and has a fit...nothing works as far as discipline goes.....Almost like he has anger management issues he does not know how to stop....he'll hit doors, walls throw toys or anything that is under his reach......I'm just fed up. Also I want to stop this behavior because my almost 3 year old is starting to copy his brother.... I do understand this is attention seekingand I know at this point he doesn't care if it's positive or negative.  I also noticed that he behaves worse when I'm around. My dh and even my mother in law have told me that too. I'm pretty strict. I know that. BUT I always praise him when he's doing something good. I do have one-on one time with him.  Also I do believe that him having younger siblings is making it tough for him. .

Please ...need advice....:(

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyOK
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:32 PM

BUMP!

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOK
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:14 PM

BUMP!

kristy0833
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:16 PM
When my son went thru this phase it was time out strapped in a old carseat :) didn't take long to fix it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOK
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Quoting kristy0833:

When my son went thru this phase it was time out strapped in a old carseat :) didn't take long to fix it.

I really wish I had a padded room :))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)