Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I feel bad about this?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM
  • 14 Replies

We had a baby shower at a restaraunt with 2 mamas to be. There were 7 all together. I payed for the two of thier drinks(non alcoholic of course) while we waited for a table. Then when we sat down 2 ladies left early, leaving 5 of us. When the bill came, 2 of the girls jumped in really quick and told the waitress they would pay for the two mamas to be dinners. So I felt like a jackass, becuase all I did was pay for thier drinks. I payed for my own meal and the tip of course. I was the only one that had cash and tried to give the other girls half of each of the dinner cost, but they kept saying don't worry about it.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM

No.

turtle07
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:54 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catk78
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I didn't think so, but it is always nice to hear objective points of view. I felt extra bad because one of the pregnant women is a close friend of mine, more so than the other woman that were there. I guess that is irrelevant though

Quoting alwayskk:

No.

pigtail
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Quoting alwayskk:

No.

ksinclair
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:57 PM

You paid your portion & offered to pay for part of the others' too.  Nothing to feel guilty about!

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:59 PM

They offered.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Maybe if you're feeling extra generous, ask them both if there's anything else that they need and didn't get.  Then get it for them.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Quoting ksinclair:

You paid your portion & offered to pay for part of the others' too.  Nothing to feel guilty about!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

They offered.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Maybe if you're feeling extra generous, ask them both if there's anything else that they need and didn't get.  Then get it for them.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Don't feel bad... you offered... they denied.

mes_deux_amours
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM
No don't feel bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)