Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it have been rude to ask her to change her gloves? I thought it was common sense.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:35 PM
  • 186 Replies

I just went to Subway and got a salad and a flatbread sub.... I am trying to eat healthier and lose some weight so if I eat fast-food I usually try to make it something healthy like Subway. Anway... the girl that was making my order stopped to get bacon out of the microwave for another customer's BLT. It was literally bubbling and dripping with grease, she picked up the bacon and put on his sandwhich and got the grease all over her gloves. I really wanted to ask her to change her gloves before going back to making MY food but I didn't wanna be rude or cause a scene so I didn't say anything. But seriously, that is gross... she should have already KNOWN to change them.

So, I get home and get my salad out of the bag and the container has grease all over it. I'm sure there is grease on my sandwhich and salad too 'cause she touched everything with her greasy bacon gloves! I am so annoyed! I am trying to eat HEALTHIER.... I don't want bacon grease all over my stuff! And even if it weren't for me trying to eat healthy, it is still rude to get grease all over someone's food and stuff, right? I mean, if I had ordered bacon and she got the grease on my container, no big deal.... But I DIDN'T ask for greasy bacon so it shouldn't be all over MY stuff!

Would you have said anything?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
winkles115
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:36 PM
Yup
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandksmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:37 PM

i wouldn't have said anything...i <3 bacon.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:37 PM
She probably forgot...you should have said something like...oh, can you please change your gloves before you finish my food, thanks. Easy peasy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I'm quite sure she would not have mind if you asked nicely.

amanda.2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Quoting mandksmommy:

i wouldn't have said anything...i <3 bacon.

RiversMommy746
I would have walked out. Wet have a Subway on every corner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymelissa76

Yeah, i would have. They are supposed to change them anyway.

Berkley
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM
I would have nicely asked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crysrey1
I wouldn't have said anything..atleast she's touching food with gloves :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater

I've seen them change with every sandwich.  Maybe she forgot?  I would have asked her to change before.  It's not a big deal to ask!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)