Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What just happened?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:55 PM
  • 13 Replies
I had Calculus this morning. After an hour of droning about the syllabus, he finally started getting to the material. Unfortunately he spent the next 30 minutes NOT explaining limits, though he seemed to think he was. Thankfully, I am surrounded by at least 3 ppl who an help. Nonetheless, it is made worse by the fact that, out of the 17 students in the class, only 3 are women, and one student is quite likely from the same species as Sheldon Cooper. *sigh* What have I done signing up for this class?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2ljh
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Oh, and I'm almost certain that at least one of the other girls is going to drop. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Sheldon Cooper is awesome! 

MissLinn
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:58 PM
I <3 Calculus
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charweba
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:59 PM

OMG! That sounds like my calculus class back in 04. Not only did the professor think he was explaining everything he was from korea and his accent was [how do I put this nicely] He should of had a translator so the class could understand him. I am, to this day, scared of Calc and I love Math. It's my favorite subject.

mom2ljh
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:59 PM
Yes, as is Amy Farrah Faller, as long as they stay stuck inside my television, lol.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Sheldon Cooper is awesome! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinners.mama
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Ugh..I would die in calc ... math+me=a big fat fml ..haha...my so is a public accountant ...I don't understand the joy in numbers lol good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smarshy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Switch professors if you can.

Lame.

My professor climbed up a wall (literally) today. I think I will keep him. LOL

CrissyMarie2003
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Oh my.. I'm with twinners^. I FAIL at math. lmao.. Maybe you could switch classes??

mom2ljh
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:04 PM
I've had him before so I think it will get better. Problem is, even though I'm pretty sure the building was built around him, this is his first semester teaching Calc. I wanted the guy I had for pre calc 1, but his class interfered with my public speaking class. The only other option is a night class which conflicts with my Chem, and I will not change my Chem instructor. It should be ok. I hope, lol.

Quoting smarshy:

Switch professors if you can.

Lame.

My professor climbed up a wall (literally) today. I think I will keep him. LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:07 PM
I can't. This is the only one that works with the rest of my schedule. I had him for college algebra and liked him (got an A), so HOPEFULLY its just that he's getting the feel for teaching calc and it will get better.

Quoting CrissyMarie2003:

Oh my.. I'm with twinners^. I FAIL at math. lmao.. Maybe you could switch classes??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)