Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks Obama!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • 298 Replies

For making it impossible for me to have another child.

A few things I would like to make clear from the start:

DH and I have been consistent taxpayers since the moment we graduated from college. We are having financial issues, however, we have never taken PA and would never consider having a child if we couldn't afford it.

With that being said, we carry our own insurance. DH is a business owner and I am a SAHM. In October DH will be able to drop his Cobra and be added to the traditional policy we have for myself and the kids. The difference in cost will allow us to add maternity coverage, costing us less than $500 a month total.

The catch?

Obama! When he passed ObamaCare, he also passed a required 18 month waiting period for people like us, people who carry their own insurance outside of a group plan, before getting pregnant.  This means it will be early 2014 at the very soonest that I can give birth to another child.

So, just out of curiosity I contacted a clinic here in town that offers discounted OB services on a sliding scale based on your income. I'm 95% sure we could qualify, however, you have to be pregnant FIRST before you can even apply, and there is no guarantee of acceptance regardless of whether or not your income qualifies. I know Obama has nothing to do with this policy at the clinic, but it just seemed so counter productive.

What the fuck ever happened to encouraging traditional family planning? I mean, that is what I'm trying to do here... PLAN! But I guess those that don't plan are the ones reaping the benefits....

To Succeed In Life, You Need Two Things: Ignorance and Confidence.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ME_ME_ME
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Obviously my situation is not caused by Obama, however, I am being directly effected by his policy, and quite frankly, it sucks.

pigtail
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:39 PM

But but butbut Obama is awesome. (sarcasm)

misselphaba
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Wait.  You don't like something about Obama.  I think that's supposed to mean you can't think for yourself.  That's what I always get anyway.  It drives me crazy.

Sorry about your situation.  =(  That's really awful. 

graciesmom6206
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:41 PM

But... but... Obama cares.  SMH. 

hautemama83
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Well aside from obamacare being unconstitutional, its really fucking a lot of things up. Rural hospitals are getting hit hard because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciesmom6206
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Quoting hautemama83:

Well aside from obamacare being unconstitutional, its really fucking a lot of things up. Rural hospitals are getting hit hard because of it.

I work in the medical device industry and we are all getting bombed because of Obama Care.  Ugh, I loathe him. 

avi_nevaeh_mama
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I heard on the radio that Obamacare won't go into effect after the next election, so the next president could stop it.

HouseofFeast
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:45 PM

eye rolling

orcadarwin
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I'm still waiting for the extension of state medicaid to include everyone.  I was told that my husband and I could get coverage, but we have yet to get approved for it.  We don't make too much, according to ObamaCare.  

I think it's ridiculous to put a waiting period on getting pregnant like that.  That's just stupid.  Sometimes, you just can't help getting pregnant.  What happens if you end up getting pregnant before the 18 month waiting period is up?  

I despise the man and can't wait until he's out of office.

A mother's child is every breath she takes. Walking hand in hand, every step she takes.

Life is hard.  Kids make the ride more fun.
MissLinn
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:46 PM
That sucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)