Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unleashed pets

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:09 PM
  • 13 Replies

The guy that lives across the street from me ALWAYS has his dogs out front without leashes.  They run around other peoples yards and poop.  I have had to stop short when driving down the street because they were darting out in the street.

Anytime I take my dog out he is on a leash.  ALWAYS.  However, they other day he slipped out the door.  (got a wild hair up his ass or something).  I immediately dropped what I was holding, ran back and jumped in the car and chased him down.  It took a few minutes but I finally got close enough to him that I could call him for a "ride".  He immediately jumped in the car and I took him home.

This guy was the ONLY person outside...with his dogs(not on leashes).  Today I got a letter telling me I had to keep my dog on a leash.

Are you freaking KIDDING me?  I seriously feel like responding telling them they need to inform him of that.  I snapped a picture of him in his yard with his dogs not on the leash.  Maybe I will include it.

Vent over.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SWyvill
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:11 PM

wow do you live on my street?? I'm going through the exact same thing ugh

Samanthamommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I would contact someone and ask that they also send him a notice. That is so irresponsible.

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:12 PM
My dogs well 2 of three are out front all the time unleashed but they stau on our property
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:13 PM
U should work on off leash obedience
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaken1976
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:15 PM

We have had our dog for four years.  He has slipped out on us maybe 5 times.  Each time we immediately chase him down.  He got out on our dog sitter once...  she chased him immediately.  So I don't know where this guy gets off.  OUR dog didn't even poop in someone elses yard.  He just enjoyed himself an unleashed run as I chased him. 

Shaken1976
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Quoting FooLynRoo:

My dogs well 2 of three are out front all the time unleashed but they stau on our property

Our city has a leash law.  And I don't feel it is safe for him to be out without a leash anyway...which is why I chased him down.

two4one
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Where is the letter coming from? Is there an ordinance? If so, this guy should have been reportaed a long time ago.

Shaken1976
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM

It came from the HOA.  So someone had to call and report it.  Like I said...it was the middle of the day.  No one was out but this guy.  and me chasing down my dog.  He gave me a dirty look and muttered something...but all I was concerned about was getting the dog in the car.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Quoting FooLynRoo:

U should work on off leash obedience

She is correct.  You should NEVER have to chase your dog down.  The come command IMO is one of the most important commands your dog must know for their safety.  They should come without thought or care as to what is going on.

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Quoting Shaken1976:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Our city has a leash law.  And I don't feel it is safe for him to be out without a leash anyway...which is why I chased him down.

Every place has a leash law - and it isn't safe for him to be off the leash or legal off your property.

But if you want to gamble your dogs life - on the chance every few years he gets off leash run and doesn't get hit by a car - go ahead.

me - ill spend a few mins each day with my loved pets and teach them off leash obedience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)