Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having Your Tubes Tied

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am having mine done on September 13th, thank freaking god, anyway I am also having exploritory surgery done to remove any fibroids from my uterus. How long was the recovery time afterwards and how bad was the pain? Did you have a weight limit restriction?

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Vacation tickers

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Samanthamommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I'm curious too, pretty sure I'll get mine tied within the next 2 years.

Also, does insurance cover the procedure?

Fairegirl33
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I had my tubal done on a Friday and went to work on Monday.  Not bad at all I thought... my stomach felt very blotted and gassy for a day or two.

Fairegirl33
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:41 PM

My insurance covered it... all I paid was a co-pay

Quoting Samanthamommy:

I'm curious too, pretty sure I'll get mine tied within the next 2 years.

Also, does insurance cover the procedure?

reese1206
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:41 PM
No restriction for me. I had very bad cramps after. It lasted almost two weeks for me. I was 6 pp and had other problems. My recovery time was diff then normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CosmicPossum
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:43 PM

I had mine done within a day or so of having DS.  It wasn't very painful, just uncomfortable and sore.  I had 6 staples and it felt so much better after they took my staples out.  I don't remember a weight limit.

As for recovery time...I went home with DS the next morning and did normal stuff a woman who just gave birth and has a tubal can do.  I took care of DS, washed dishes, etc.  The staples came out after 7 days.

mama_cullum
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I had mine done August 4th after I had my baby on the 3rd. The first week was the worse but I also had torn having the baby so that was added pain. The second week I was only sore in my belly button and as of today I am pain free :) My doctor said for the first two weeks not to lift anything heavier than my baby so that was an 8 pound restriction. 

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:45 PM

See I had my daughter six months ago by c-section and they might have to possibly cut into my scar if its needed. Which would screw up recovery time and since they are removing other stuff not just clipping/tie/burn my tubes I think it might be longer. 

Yes our insurance is covering everything I had to be 25 though

kandal
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Depending on which way its done.  I had a laproscopic tubal done.  I was only sore for a couple days.  My dauighter was 6 weeks old when I had it done because the surgeon on duty at the time I had her said that they would prefer new moms to wait for 6 wks after having their baby in case something happened to the baby.  I thought that was strange but I waited.  My insurance covered the procedure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)