Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fast food vent

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:05 PM
  • 30 Replies

I (unfortunately) work in fast food but its a job. I work in the drive thur 98% of the time, I am hardly ever any where else. Here are some things I would love to see change:

1. If it pouring down rain please turn off your wipers when you get to my window. I don't like getting soaked by your wipers.

2. Get off of your cell phone! We have a time that we have to met everyday and you talking on your cell phone for 2 mintures doesn't help.

3. Please at least try to have your money ready, and we hate when you order $16 in food and pay in all change.

4. Please don't blow your cigarette smoke in my face when you pull up. Its rude and I have asthma and your smoke makes me have an attack.

5. When you ask for a small and I ask do you want the small or the value and you say small and then after the order is cashed out you say its too much because you ordered everything off the value menu... that drives us nuts too.

6. (this one isn't a big pain but its still a pain) You say you want the number 6, get to the window and say you only want the sandwhich.

7. (I had 3 orders like this today) your order is less then $5 and you give me $50 or $100. I have to go and get the manger have them ok the bill, make sure I have enough to cover it and then count the change back to them twice. Huge pain and it kills our timer, which the managers get on us about.

8. Don't get mad at us when we ask you to turn your loud truck off, we can't understand you over your truck and all the noise in the store

9. Don't have the passenger order and not have them speak up, it gets really hard to hear with timers going off, dishes running and other people in the store talking, so speak up and don't get upset at us.

That's about all that happened to me today. I have more but don't have to bore you all.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:18 PM
I just ledgt fast foosd so I. Fdeel ytou.

Fuckgin nails! Lol soorry n2ever had em before... can ya tell?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandksmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM

i have so much to say to this but don't feel like typing it all out.

countrymomma81
by Belle*of*the*Bayou on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Wonderful. 

Now how about not telling me "this isn't Chili's....Hahahaha" when I go to the Wendy's drive thru asking for mandarain oranges with my daughter's kids meal. A little rude, ya think? But that's ok honey, I called your manager, who I just happen to have worked with at a previous job:)

*not directed at you, OP*. 

Fairegirl33
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I think these types of things are part of every single job no matter what you do....  Kinda just gotta suck it up and be happy you have a job.

ffpm10
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:31 PM
ugh :( I have to get a new job and will NOT last in customer service....
Read the post about the lady who dumped the shake?? Lol
That would be me!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparkina13
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:32 PM

BUMP!

Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Lol! What. A douchenozzle! Who does. That?

Quoting countrymomma81:

Wonderful. 

Now how about not telling me "this isn't Chili's....Hahahaha" when I go to the Wendy's drive thru asking for mandarain oranges with my daughter's kids meal. A little rude, ya think? But that's ok honey, I called your manager, who I just happen to have worked with at a previous job:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K-Chan
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:25 PM

wendys stopped the oranges because no one was buying them so they have apples now. I liked the oranges better.  And yes that was rude of them. Our store is really nice (at least the day time is, I don't work nights so I don't know.)

Quoting countrymomma81:

Wonderful. 

Justine1123
by Justine on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:28 PM
I'm starting fast food next week we will see how it goes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K-Chan
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Trust me, i am thankful to have a job but when I left 4 1/2 years ago I told myself I was never going back. I almost wish I stayed because when I got rehired at a different store they could only hire me at min wage which is $7.31 and that is with 4 years of working for the company! I was making more then that 4 1/2 years ago. but as soon as I can find a better job i am gone! I don't get pay enough for the things they put me through.

Quoting Justine1123:

I'm starting fast food next week we will see how it goes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)