Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Casey Anthony law

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:23 PM
  • 23 Replies

Casey Anthony's Story Results in Proposed Illinois Legislation
8/18/11 @ 10:39:07 am

(Edwardsville, IL) -- Casey Anthony's story is impacting laws in Illinois. Representative Dwight Kay says parents should be required to report their child missing within 24 hours. He's introduced a bill called "Caylee's Law" in reaction to the Florida toddlers death. The child was missing for more than 30 days before anyone reported it. Kay says waiting that long is simply quote, "irresponsible and negligent." If lawmakers approve the measure, parents in Illinois would be charged with a felony if they fail to report the child missing. The proposal has been submitted in at least 16 other states.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alaiynasmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Awesome! I hope it goes through!! It defintely is negligence to not report your child missing right away..I have no Idea how Casey got off on that one..

HTMommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:27 PM

There are multiple states that are proposing and have already gotten legislation in the works. There was a petition on change.org for it as soon as her story came out.

Kimbkay
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joheilismom
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:03 AM

i think its great. I hope it goes through.

LOVLYLOVEKGS
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:03 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AimBre
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:04 AM

This, yup and I signed that petition! I'm happy a state is putting it forward and I hope it's gets voted in.

Quoting HTMommy:

There are multiple states that are proposing and have already gotten legislation in the works. There was a petition on change.org for it as soon as her story came out.

Kimbkay
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:49 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveOfSign
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:02 AM

Hopefully this passes--It is Negligent

Something good needs to come from this poor child's death so it doesn't happen again.

808tiare
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:02 AM
Okay, I know I would freak out if my child went missing for just a few hours or less. What's wrong with parents today that their need be a law to care about your own child! It should go through all the states in America! and the rest of the world!
ShadowLark
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:12 AM

STUPID!  If my 13 year old is sleeping over with friends for the weekend (different friends) and no one mentions that she isn't and I don't realize she's missing until Monday morning, why is that a crime?  She's been gone since 8 pm Friday night.  I report it at 8 am Monday morning.  That's the FIRST I knew about it.  HOW is that a crime?

Or how about my 8 year old is with daddy (joint custody) and HE has her for the weekend.  First I know about her being missing is again, 48 hours after she's GONE missing.  I report it right away.  HOW is that a crime?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)