Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, school supplies!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

Yeah, yeah, I know. You all have already bought them, but school starts late here!

...Anyway. I spent a whopping $19.09. And then they want an ASB donation of $10, and some granola bars for emergency kits, but I'll get those next month. So...not more than $35, total?

What did you pay for your kiddos? What grade? Do you think it was a reasonable price? This is for a 1st grader, and it was actually a little cheaper than half day kindy last year. :D

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orcadarwin
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I paid $10 total for my 2 boys.  They are in 1st and 3rd grade.

sojourner.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Sweet. Mine would have been at least $5 cheaper, if not for the elusive glue sticks that this school loves. They're a weird size, and I didn't see them on sale last year, and had to go to 3 stores this year to both find them, and find them on sale. But, I needed way less this year, so it's all good. :)

Quoting orcadarwin:

I paid $10 total for my 2 boys.  They are in 1st and 3rd grade.

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Including backpacks, lunchboxes and Thermos sets (tall drink one, short hot food one), pencils, crayons, glue, erasers, pencil sharpener.....about $30 on my 2nd grader and $20 on my pre-k kid.  The pre-k kid will be given a backpack (see through) when she starts next week.  Just had to get her lunchbox and Thermos set and crayons and such. 

erinbills
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I still have not found out the teacher my son has or what he needs for school. He starts kindergarten this year. I also don't know for sure when school starts I am thinking the 6th of september but the school website has nothing and neither to the billboards at the schools.

Shabbydoll78
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Our total was 125.00. That's for all four of my children. plus some extras.  My kids are 1st, 2nd, 5th and 8th grade.

anetrnlov
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:06 PM

1060.00 (Pre-K, Kindergarten and 3rd grade)

We homeschool.

aj23
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:09 PM
$33. I only had to buy a lunch box and back pack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harmy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:14 PM
$80 or thereabouts for a 5th and 8th grader. The 8th grader's list was nearly a full page in length!
Normally, we would still have stuff from last year, but we don't because of my having had to flee. It wouldve only been about half that.

Also spent about $70-$80 in school
Clothes for both of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Mine was about like that... well, the backpacks and lunchboxes were $15 (but I could have used old ones). The rest of the supplies were about $10-15 per child- a LOT of them were on the super-cheap sales. I also bought "please buy these if you can some time during the year, not required" supplies for all the schools.

I have great schools, great teachers, I just want to help out so the teachers don't have to buy anything!

Our supplies were totally reasonable. Yes, lots of glue sticks, but they were cheap (total $6) and my kids use a ton at home, so I'm sure they do at school, too.

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I have a 3rd grader and a Kindergartner. Including supplies, shoes, and clothes, I spent $300

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)