Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just want to scream...... Vent....

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:38 PM
  • 11 Replies
So here's the deal. My mom is planning on asking her girlfriend to marry her tomorrow (not the problem).

My mom asked me to help plan this whole thing and I agreed. My mom had asked someone to make up some signs for tomorrow the girl said fine not a problem.... Well we've been to get in contact with to find out if they are done and she hasn't called my mom or I back... So now I'm making all the signs tonight ( starts stomping my feet and acting like a 3 year old). 7 signs in one night is just a tad to much.

Two weeks ago I called a local bakery to have a cake made for the occasion. The guy told me he normally doesnt make what I'm asking for but will do it. He said if he had any problems finding the cake topper and the other stuff he would call with enough time to find someone else just in case he couldn't do it. So all this time goes by and I didn't get a phone call from him so I figured he didn't have any problems. I called him today to find out how the cake was coming along and also to thank him for doing this. He then tells me that he had gone to every place he could think of to get this stuff and couldnt find it any where.... ( omfg are you kidding???) ( starting to hyperventilate and cry). At this point I'm speechless and really trying to keep my cool while on the phone with him. I asked if he could make the cake and I will go out and find the stuff to put on the cake. ( did I mention this is happening tomorrow?) I went to a couple of places and got a one those diamond ring napkin holders a large pink fake rose and a really pretty thing that says love on it. So the plan this cake is a two tear cake ( or whatever it's called) 10" bottom and 7" top. I think I'm gonna put the pink rose on the top and have ring in the middle of the flower and the pretty thing that says love on the bottom part ( sound good??).

I'm usually really good under pressure but I really feel like I'm gonna snap. I really want this to best the best day for my mom and her girlfriend and don't want to be the one to to fuck it up.
Vent over! Im going to go have drink now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samanthamommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:41 PM

You're a good daughter for helping her out so much. I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:41 PM
You are awesome and I am sure it will be a great day. Bottoms up! =0)
smarshy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM

It sounds good.

Wait. Are they getting married tomorrow or just possibly engaged?

Why can't the dude make the cake? Is it made out of plutonium or something? What's the deal.. ?

00jess
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM
Well my mom had already asked her but my mom wants to make it more official and surprise her.

The guy is gonna make the cake but I'm gonna put the stuff on myself tommorow when I pick it up.

Quoting smarshy:

It sounds good.

Wait. Are they getting married tomorrow or just possibly engaged?

Why can't the dude make the cake? Is it made out of plutonium or something? What's the deal.. ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:47 PM
It's awesome you're there for your mom!

Why the heck couldn't the cake guy call you to give you a heads up??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
00jess
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Thank you. Im sure it's going to be fine ( I hope). I think im freaking out over nothing.

Quoting Samanthamommy:

You're a good daughter for helping her out so much. I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
00jess
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:51 PM
That's what I was thinking. It would've been nice. I'm just glad I was able to find this stuff. I think it's going to turn out great! I think I'm gonna start taking cake decorating classes so I don't have to go through this again lol.

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

It's awesome you're there for your mom!

Why the heck couldn't the cake guy call you to give you a heads up??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
00jess
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
00jess
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:56 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Lunarprancer:

You are awesome and I am sure it will be a great day. Bottoms up! =0)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM
I want a drink just after reading your to-do list! Jeez! But good job hanging in there and GL tomorrow :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)