Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

[Potty Question]

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM
  • 3 Replies

My DD (3) has been potty trained for a long time, but she doesn't like to poo. She holds it in as long as possible until she's either constipated or it literally falls out, she always makes on on the potty when that happens though. Hubby and I were kidding with each other saying we should put a diaper on her and let her get grossed out by pooping on herself. What did you do/would you do in this situation.

(We've discovered that she is scared to poop because it might hurt.)

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamacam7
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:17 PM

My 6 yr old does this still....he is starting kindergarten on thursday an i really hope seeing all the other kids go helps him some (obviously not actually watching them, just asking to go). He also does it with pee too. He had some problems a couple years ago that cause him to get so backed up that his colon stretched to the max and the doc said it could take up to a few years to get back on track. For your DD, if it is hurting maybe you should change her diet to soften it up a bit. Add more fiber and things.

PeytonNBella
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Try changing her diet and giving her foods that will help her go more often. It probably does hurt to go if she is holding it that often.

oOoLeilanioOo
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:45 PM

The thing is it doesn't seem to hurt when she does go, she was constipated once and started holding it in after that.

Thank you for your replies BTW.  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)