Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No John Lennon??? I haz a sad now.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:35 PM
  • 17 Replies

I needed to buy a notebook for my dd for school, target had a really cool notebook with john lennon on the cover, she loves her some beatles so I was stoked. First day of school rolls around and her teacher told me the notebook wasn't acceptable and I needed to get her a plain covered one. Now I have an awesome john lennon notebook!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleehoward
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:36 PM

why do they care what's on the cover?

Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I don't know, maybe it's distracting. I guess all the other kids had plain ones as well, all the list said was notebook, it didn't specify no pictures on it

Quoting ashleehoward:

why do they care what's on the cover?

SauceAwesome
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM
That is ridiculous. Awesome that your dd is a Beatles fan. We named dd Judith. And call her Jude =]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shabbydoll78
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM

My kid had the same exact thing happen to her ! She is a huge Beatles fan, Covered her book and was all happy about it...came home angry because they made her take it off. They only allow brown bag covers, or plain white...lame :(

ashleehoward
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:39 PM

And you say Hey Jude :)

Quoting SauceAwesome:

That is ridiculous. Awesome that your dd is a Beatles fan. We named dd Judith. And call her Jude =]

ashleehoward

Then they should specify on the school supply list

alexsmomaubrys2

I tell you, they aren't letting kids be individuals anymore.

That is what makes me sad. =(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM
thats ridiculous they dont allow it...i've never heard of such crap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
berlgirl1224
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I tell you, they aren't letting kids be individuals anymore.

That is what makes me sad. =(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SauceAwesome
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM
I do! =]

Quoting ashleehoward:

And you say Hey Jude :)

Quoting SauceAwesome:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)