Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This just doesnt make sense ..help.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:43 PM
  • 23 Replies

My husband and I are getting divorced , we are very close to it being final, we agree on everything and have our parenting plan all worked out ..I have primary cusotday of our childern, he gets them 3 weekends a month, and we share holidays and school vacations...its been a very smooth process, well the other day when my lawyer and I were going over the parenting plan, he told me that its very possible I will have to pay my husband child support, I was shocked, I have primary cusotday and my childern have been with me more than they have with their dad since we seperated 2 years ago ,so I dont see how I have to. And this has nothing to do with me not wanting to support my childern because I support them everyday and they are with me most of the year, so I'm so confused as to how I will have to pay their dad child support when I have primary custoday....anyone ever heard of this ? and no I dont have more money than my soon to be ex, he has more than me.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSue87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:45 PM

BUMP!

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM

If you have primary custody he needs to pay YOU child support

bellawomen
by Summer on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM
I would start asking some questions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M.I.A...P.O.W
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM

BUMP!

happymom629
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Hmmmm? That does not make sense, esp since he has more money than you.....

happymom629

Is hie supposed to pay you cs?

-xoxo-

This. I have NEVER heard of the custodial parent paying cs if they make less and have the child(ren) more. 

Quoting bellawomen:

I would start asking some questions

Andreamarie76
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:48 PM

That doesn't sound right at all !!!  I would ask your lawyer to clarify as to why you would be expected to pay when you have primary custody and have the kids full time.

calcalmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Huh, not sure...it doesn't make sense to me either, but I hope it gets figured out quickly so you're not worrying!
embersparkle
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:50 PM

It hasnt been ordered yet, will be worked out I'm sure when we go to our final court date.

Quoting happymom629:

Is hie supposed to pay you cs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)