Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calling all budget savy, cleaning expert and good at decorating moms!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:44 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am moving into a house I love, Iv never had a place I could decorate, i always kind of just arranged furniture. The furniture I have isnt the best and I dont have the money to buy new, So i was wondering how I could transform into something a little nicer. and can you give me ideas on how i can decorate on a very very tight budget and share pics of what you did if you dont mind.

Also I have chairs that have white cloth seats of all things, the table is nice and was given to us, its glass so im wondering how i can remove the stains from te upholstered chairs? they have def seen better days and id love to bring them back to life

rooms i need to decorate are the living room , we have a fire place but sadly it doesnt work:( One little boy who wnats a spider man room and one little girl is very uch into princess, I prefer no disney princess if possible.

Also she has a canopy bed that is very old and passed down from my grandmother i am wondering where i may be able to find the knobs that screw into the top to hold the canopy in place?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
getoesuepastah
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM

u can get cute really cheap decor items at marshalls or target sometimes even family dollar

recover the chairs with another fabric if u cant get the stain out

sweetnspacey
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I think a good investment is a sewing machine and some craft supplies. I use my moms sewing machine and didn't start sewing until I was 22, I'm 23 now. It's easier than you would think and you can find a nice machine for fairly inexpensive.  You can sew sooooo many things. Bedding, wall decor, bean bags, nice cloth covers for your kitchen chairs. Also painting is an inexpensive way to take old things from second hand stores or yard sales and make them look amazing. Youtube is a great place to look. I will post some stuff if I have the time.

juansmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:54 PM

thanx:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)