Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Mom and a Mimi

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am a mother of 4,three daughters 32,29,10 and a son 7.I also have 4 grandchildren ages 7,4,4,2,I love being a mim and a mom but my older daughters think it's weird that I remarried,and that he is 9 years younger,and that I started over and have a 10 and 7 yr old.They are constantly telling me that their brother and sister are spoiled and can't wait to give me advice and point out everything that I do wrong as a parent,it truly hurts as I know I am a great mom.They turned out great one is a special education teacher and the other works in customer service.They also think it's weird that I am friends with alot of my kids parents and they are my older daughtrs ages.I tell them what does age have to do with anything,they also feel because I don't work outside the home that I do nothing all day and I can drop everything when they need a babysitter.They totally disrespect me and I don't know what to do,help......

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Andreamarie76
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Have you tried pointed that out to them? honestly it sounds like they are jealous of their younger siblings

heatherinBama
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Ignore them. Tell them you didn't fail at raising them, so you must not be that bad. Hey your kids have a SAHM, a father, and live in a stable household. I think they may turn out alright.

Ladywithtwo
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM
They're being incredibly rude! Maybe they're upset that you aren't the Mimi they pictured for their kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherinBama
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM

BUMP!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Age doesn't matter, it's how you live yourlife. Sounds like you raised them well, whats a little spoiling going to do anyway!

carolina_gal
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)